New pack from Seek Outside - Unaweep Divide

huntin'monkey

Lil-Rokslider
I'm glad I got the mulit, though the white camo is ok. I got some more miles on mine this weekend. I'll update my thoughts on it, but I'd better get back to work right now.

blgoode

Lil-Rokslider
Got 7miles under my own 4200 divide today. Just ordered the 3000 divide bag for a smaller summer option.

Looks like I need to sell my duplex and DT2 soon.

DaveC

WKR
BL, got your PM about fit just now.

Based on the above photo, and assuming you've got at least 30 pounds in there, you could go one of two ways. As is the fit is fine, and I don't think you'll have issues. I'm quite particular about a very close-to-the-back fit, so I'd be looking at giving the frame a wee bit more bend towards you, starting around the middle compression strap. This would probably mean that with a slam-full pack you'll get head interference when you look way up, but for me that is worth it.

For reference this (https://bedrockandparadox.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/img_0515.jpg) is my Unaweep 3900 (26" frame) with ~35 pounds in it. What I consider an ideal fit.

Dang it you guys are killing me. I have been watching this thread on the divide for awhile. Over the last couple years I somehow have been slowly transforming into an ultralight backpack hunter. The weight of the divide should allow me to shave 2-3 pounds off my pack weight. Couldn't stand it anymore ordered a Divide today in 3000. I am sure this will be plenty big for my needs most of my hunts are 5-7 days and I have no problem fitting all my gear in my current pack which is 3500 cui. Can't wait for the new pack to arrive. How long is the wait time in general?

blgoode

Lil-Rokslider
I swapped my divide bag for a Unaweep 3900 bag. Same volume as divide. I will not use the Talon and be at same weight as the divide and will have the advantage of being able to get my water in and out of the side pockets while hiking where with the divide it's really difficult with the stretchy marerial. I couldn't really do it as easily as I can with the standard pocket set up.

Also the harness is best if the U is about 2"-1.5" below your C7 neck bone and shoulder straps are not tight but more so keep the pack from falling backwards.