New pack hint on the Exo site.

DDRH65PRC

FNG
Any videos showing how to attach the crib and weapon carrier?

I think i got the crib installed correctly, just slip the hooks through the loops between the pack and frame.

Not really sure how to attach the weapon carrier. Would like to see the options for left/right/rear attachments. looks slightly diff from the K2 attachment.

DDRH65PRC

FNG
Anyone get buckles for their crib? EXO sent some, but no instructions. Also, i have a 3200 and 4800, might need to call them for a 2nd set.

Anyone get buckles for their crib? EXO sent some, but no instructions. Also, i have a 3200 and 4800, might need to call them for a 2nd set.

No crib here but I did have a buckle break when I tightened it and they sent a pair of replacements free of charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ORdude

FNG
I got them too, I just threw them in the drawer. You could call Exo and I’m sure they would be happy to explain their purpose. If someone figures out what they are for please post!

DDRH65PRC

FNG
I think i figured out where the extra buckles go. Loops on the sides of the crib. Pic attached

Attachments

• IMG_20190930_230220.jpg
    IMG_20190930_230220.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 145
Watching that video, I can’t believe every thing is held together with Velcro ? Has it always been that way ?

I had a Version 1 and was not. Stone Glacier is the one where Velcro started. I was very skeptical before try a SG. It is so strong it's unbelievable.

Are they still bringing an 1800 bag out??? Up toward the top of this said august for it... dont see it on their site yet

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Stalker69

WKR
I had a Version 1 and was not. Stone Glacier is the one where Velcro started. I was very skeptical before try a SG. It is so strong it's unbelievable.

Yea I know it’s strong for a while but wears out in not to long of time, is why I ask. I have CCW holsters that have Velcro on them, and iam lucky if I get 3-4 years out of them. And that is not using the Velcro every time I put them on. If I use the velcro every day they don’t last a year. Velcro just seems kinda sketchy to me. Especially with so much weight and tension on it.

Last edited:

twall13

WKR
Yea I know it’s strong for a while but wears out in not to long of time, is why I ask. I have CCW holsters that have Velcro on them, and iam lucky if I get 3-4 years out of them. And that is not using the Velcro every time I put them on. If I use the velcro every day they don’t last a year. Velcro just seems kinda sketchy to me. Especially with so much weight and tension on it.
Not all velcro is created equal. I remember Steve mentioning something about their wear tests for velcro a couple of years back on a thread and it seems like it was thousands of iterations before the velcro wears down. Even if it's 1000 iterations, that's going to take even the heaviest pack user years to wear out as most uses you won't be playing with the velcro, typically only on a pack out once things are set up for you. On the off chance you pack out several hundred animals and do wear it out they have a lifetime guarantee so I personally think you are worrying about nothing though I do understand how a bad experience can lead to worrying about the longevity of velcro, zippers, etc.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

^^^^ exactly. The Velcro IS NOT in a spot that is moved and adjusted each time you use the pack. Fine tune your suspension initially and that's it. A buckle or webbing is going to fail long before the Velcro!! Once you struggle to adjust it you will see just how strong it is.

ORdude

FNG
I just got my updated lid and it’s so much better!
I heard on the podcast they are releasing the 1800 on the 25th!

Riplip

WKR
Getting ready to order a new EXO system, and I am in grey area of frame size. Anyone else in this same area, and if so what size frame did you go with Sm or Lg?

Pgohil

WKR
I'm pretty short at 5 ft 7. Being in the gray area I went with the larger frame simply because packing camp and packing meat it will ride a little better. The slightly shorter frame will sit lower on your back and be a little more maneuverable and real thick cover but it's not worth the sacrifice to me. YMMV.

PGOHIL
WV

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ORdude

FNG
Getting ready to order a new EXO system, and I am in grey area of frame size. Anyone else in this same area, and if so what size frame did you go with Sm or Lg?
I am in the same boat, I went with the small mainly because I am in the PNW and it’s extremely thick brush everywhere I hunt. I am very happy with it.

Young Blood

Lil-Rokslider
I was in the grey and went with the tall frame initially. It worked well this fall packing out 3 elk but I always ran it on the lower setting (25") as it seemed to be really close to that 45 degree angle on the load lifters. When I ordered my replacement frame this winter I decided to go with the short as I do hunt some brush from time to time and thought it could help with maneuverability. I can still swap to the higher setting on the short frame (25.5") when I kill something and have the best of both worlds. The pro with the tall frame for me was that I could leave it and forget it. The pro with the short is that I will have a more maneuverable frame for the actual hunting portion of a hunt which is about 90% of the time. Luckily my aluminum frame is still fine so if the short doesn't work out the way I think it will this year I can just swap back.