New pack suggestions.

Lowg08

WKR
So my first pack has been a horn hunter full curl system. Well with almost a whole season in it. I’m looking for something better. I like the meat shelf and the different ways to set it up. BUT it’s time for an upgrade. Here is what I’m looking for. The meat shelf is a must. I need to be able to use as a day pack and also use for 4-5 day back country trips from turkey hunting to whitetail. I carry a hot tent with stove and 0 degree sleeping bag. I have been looking at mystery ranch metcalf, exo k3 4800, stone glacier 5900 and a kifaru 44 mag. I want to buy a pack to keep for a long time

I too started with a Full Curl System and found after a season I wanted/needed something better. Save yourself the time, trouble, and money and buy a Kifaru and be done with it. It will last as long as you want to own it. Wish I’d listened to all the advice and bought mine before trying all the other packs only hoping to make them work and last like a Kifaru set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This year was my first year using a high end pack. I ran an older Exo that was handed down to me. Coming from a cheap Cabela's pack I thought I had hit the mother-load. In the 40-60 lb range it was amazingly comfortable for me. As I started to train heavier (70-90 lbs) I noticed the hip belt sagging. I upgraded to the newest hip belt and it did help, but didn't completely solve the issue. I'll be trying a Kifaru next year. In all the research I've done, you really can't go wrong with any pack you've listed. It will simply come down to which frame fits your body the best and which features you like the best. Just my .02.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Stone Glacier 5900 is top notch! Stone Glacier packs are by far the most comfortable packs we have used. The 5900 is a great size for an all around pack. It works fine as a day pack, but it has enough room for a 5-7 day hunt!

DrewPNW

FNG
Just got done with my first workout in my new Kuiu Pro LT 5500 and love it. Went from a hand me down Exo and like a poster above me, I also experienced hip belt slippage under load. Just did a workout tonight with 50 lbs and 75 lbs and the Kuiu was absolutely amazing. Finally experienced what my hunting veteran brother-in-law describes as that buy once cry once fit and load capability.

My road to the Kuiu started with the 9 pack shootout here on RS actually lol. It has the somewhat cupped hip belt to help find my hidden hip bones under my eternal spare tire. It’s a very clever setup to slim it down as a svelte day pack while of course being able to go to that 5500 capacity. It’s very light, very comfortable, and confident with weight.

Haven’t hunted with it yet obviously but I’m pretty excited for spring bear in this thing. I haven’t used much else other than that Exo and cheapy packs so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I’ve got a $50 off coupon code on the off chance you end up going the Kuiu route, just him me up in a PM.

Good luck!

DJB

FNG
I have a KUIU Pro with a LT 4000 bag. It is comfortable for me with loads up to 100 lbs, thats all the weight I want to carry anymore. This year I packed out an Elk hind quarter and loins between the pack and the frame with my day hunting gear in the pack, it work great. I also packed out 3 deer with it this fall. Before upgrading to the KUIU Pro I had used a KUIU Ultra and a Cabela's pack frame for hauling.

pack fit is like boot fit, i don't know what will fit you best. i'm partial to EXO, they fit me best and i love the simplicity of the system. if you are considering a metcalf, let me know, i'll make you a good deal on one that's in really good shape.

can't go wrong with any of them, all great packs, just comes down to personal fit and preference.

hunting1

WKR
I am a Kifaru fan but prefer the KUIU system to the current offerings. I have the 3600 and 6000. Well laid out and no need for add ons hanging off.

I think they are all solid choices if they fit you, like said kind of like shoes....