New Peak Refuel meals

Haha wow $30 a day? Again, to each their own, I just couldn’t justify that myself. Below is an average day for me:

-Breakfast
Granola bar & oatmeal ~ maybe $1
-Lunch
Tortilla/tuna packet/2 mayo packets/spam single and pop tart. ~ maybe $3
-Dinner
(Freezer bag meals generally)
Knorr rice or noodle side ~ $1
Ramen/Idahoan potato packet ~ $2

Add snacks like dried fruit, peanut butter singles and a candy bar and your still well under $10 per day. Don’t know or care how many calories. I change the meals up obviously but something like this gets me through numerous 6-8 day trips comfortably.

Note- I’m not fat which helps
Ahh just as I expected. Your eat like a thru hiker.

Your menu would totally crush me mentally, soon as that tuna came out id walk back to the truck and head to town for a burger.

I'm not sure there is really enough water to eat oatmeal, knorr, and idahoan where I hunt. And I also would never want to mess around with my stove that much.

Heck alot of time I want to go stoveless because of water and time, but I know the hot meal helps me stay out there.

Peak flavors are hit and miss for me there are some mtn house i still definitely perfer.

But peak does take wayy less water.

I can tell everyone one thing for sure @Bater Has a steel trap for a mind. I promise you are next level mentally tougher then most.
20200708_170233.jpg20200708_170224.jpg

OP
Shackdaddy
I finally got my order in today. I will start with saying a few of their meals are my absolute favorites but this one will not make the cut for me. It calls for 1 1/3 cup of water but I'm glad I used a bit more. The chicken, broccoli and rice all cooked very well but the flavor just wasn't there. We even added some parmesan cheese and it did nothing to help. It's unfortunate because everything about the meal was good but definitely the most bland meal I've had from them and definitely wasn't impressed on that end.

Attachments

• IMG_20220511_171201_01.jpg
    IMG_20220511_171201_01.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20220511_193141_01.jpg
    IMG_20220511_193141_01.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 35
  • PXL_20220512_015021147.jpg
    PXL_20220512_015021147.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 35

mlgc20

WKR
I finally got my order in today. I will start with saying a few of their meals are my absolute favorites but this one will not make the cut for me. It calls for 1 1/3 cup of water but I'm glad I used a bit more. The chicken, broccoli and rice all cooked very well but the flavor just wasn't there. We even added some parmesan cheese and it did nothing to help. It's unfortunate because everything about the meal was good but definitely the most bland meal I've had from them and definitely wasn't impressed on that end.
Appreciate the first hand review. Funny about needing more water. My experience with PR meals is that they all call for more water than really necessary. Could just be my own taste. I’ve tried almost all of their meals. But, my favorites are the Breakfast Skillet and Chicken Teriyaki.

Rob5589

WKR
I find the rice meals need extra water, the pasta meals are about right or a tad less.

Mosby

WKR
I have not tried Peak. I went from MH to Packit Gourmet and never looked back. Really liked the flavor and no stomach issues. I never had a reason to try any other brands. Has anyone compared Peak to Packit Gourmet?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've used PackitGourmet extensively. Good tasting meals, but not near the calorie punch as Peak Refuel. Taste wise probably depends on what meals, but I would say on par taste wise- which means good. Peak also blows away every other meal out there with protein content, not a big on shorter trips, but longer ones- important imo.

^^ I find I need to add additional water with all Peak meals, it's not that big of a deal for me, but their recommended water amounts never worked for me.

Peak generally works great for me but I'm always trying others just for variety. The one Peak meal that I can't stand is the biscuits and gravy, left me feeling waaaay over full and lethargic for hours after eating about two 3rds of the package.

Split toe

WKR
Peak generally works great for me but I'm always trying others just for variety. The one Peak meal that I can't stand is the biscuits and gravy, left me feeling waaaay over full and lethargic for hours after eating about two 3rds of the package.
I am looking forward to trying that

I am not sure I could eat any of the meals in daylight, poured on a plate. They are best consumed at night, deep in the pouch where you are not visually able to see it. Thanks for the review, I have found Peak to be average at best on most of their flavors.

Am I the only one that gets a leaky ass after eating certain peak refuel meals? I just noticed the biscuits and gravy did it this past weekend. Me and my buddy have always called it leak refuel.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that gets a leaky ass after eating certain peak refuel meals? I just noticed the biscuits and gravy did it this past weekend. Me and my buddy have always called it leak refuel.

The biscuits and gravy can piss off. Everything else I've tried from Peak is a winner.

The biscuits and gravy can piss off. Everything else I've tried from Peak is a winner.
Yea I don't ever remember having the problem till last fall when I started filtering in the biscuits and gravy. Guess I'll have to cut it of the rotation.

Rob5589

WKR

The only one I've had issues with was the stroganoff. But I have lactose intolerance and that one is dairy heavy. Too bad because it was a top choice for me.

Mark8623

FNG
Just read through the previous messages which is an excellent example of how we are all humans but vary widely.

Does anyone have any sneaky suspicions on the new flavor?!

Someone’s gotta have some info…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk