New Poster, First Timer, Just looking for some perspective

Dump all your money into Binos for the 1st year. I thought it was crazy to spend that much money on them. 17 years later they are they one piece of equipment I would not be without. Pair them with a good tripod and it changes how you hunt for the better

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
OP, your strategy seems pretty sharp: create an opportunity to test things step by step.

The existing tent should work fine for a first run since you can probably sleep in the truck (been there, done that, too) or head to a motel if things get real bad.

Rmauch20

WKR
WY ONX hunt chip
Vortex 10x42 Binoculars
First Lite puffy jacket, FL Klamath hoody, and Vapor Stormlight Rain jacket (I already have first lite 2 x base layers pants and shirts, socks, and Sitka pants with kneepads)
MSR Pocket Rocket 2 stove
TOAKS titanium 650 pot
Thermarest Prolite Apex Sleeping Pad
Outdoor Vitals Summit 20F Ultralight Backpacking Mummy Down Sleeping bag

Onx app or chip is money well spent, depending on the unit it might be a must.
Not sure what bino’s your looking at, but I might suggest Maven C3 or C1depending on your budget. They are not $1400 swaro’s, but their better then any Vortex’s I have had, to me at least.
Puffy and Klamath would be nice a addition. I love my Klamath hoodie. On the coat you would be just fine with a carhart or whatever you use for whitetail. I would say the rain jacket would be total overkill.
MSR or jetboil is nice for midday coffee without having to run into town.
The bag and pad would be nice if budget allows, but you can get by using a lot cheaper stuff for a Wyoming truck hunt.

Big Ern

WKR
OnX is very important in a lot of public areas of Wyo.
Pass on the high end tent. Use what you got as long as the rain fly is waterproof.
Good rain gear a must.
Comfortable boots a must.
Best binos you can afford or borrow with a comfortable chest rig.
Good spotting scope.
Bipod (or tripod that you can shoot off of)
Accurate rifle with good glass that you can comfortably shoot to 400-500 yds.
Spend the rest of your time/money practicing shooting.

Speed goat hunting is not as gear dependent as a backcountry elk/mule deer hunt. But, it can be very optic dependent because you are glassing a LOT and often passing on a lot of bucks until you find the one you are looking for. Good binos/spotter are critical for field judging which can be tricky of a decent buck vs a dandy.

It is a lot of fun. No matter how the money/gear shakes out, just go do it. Enjoy your hunt!