New Powder scale

EM_556

WKR
I would recommend always having a Mechanical and Electrical scale. That way you can verify. Electronics are great but they can always fail. Gravity is hard to manipulate on a Mechanical setup. Also, you don't want to be stuck with a large scale paperweight when the power goes out.

That being said I have a Old Hornady (Pacific made) beam scale and a RCBS Chargemaster Lite for my mechanical and electrical scales. Both work fantastic.

Loper

WKR
i run my charge master on a battery. any 12 v deer feeder battery will do or any power bank with a 12 v port will last for days, too.

Do you do this so that there isn’t any electrical interference? Do you notice that the scale gets wonky when the battery is low?

rayporter

WKR
actually i do it because i use the scale away from power most of the time but i do know of other shooters that claim they use the battery so there is no interference when they are at home. one even claims it will prolong the life of the charge master. i plug in when i can and have never had any issues.

last month i ran it for 4 days and did not use half the battery. i even forgot to turn it off one night. daily use was about 10 hours. it is a 6000 mh battery at 12v.

so i have not ran down the battery yet. the CM will run on 9v just fine.

Loper

WKR
Thanks for the reply. It’s good to know that it will last that long in a battery.

Wow, 10 hours of daily use…that’s a lot of reloading!