New Product: Sitka Mountain Vest - Blaze Orange

treillw

WKR
I have a Sitka Mountain vest. The wind stopper material is great for cutting the wind when you are active. However, I almost never take this vest with me because it's just something else to carry and not a critical piece of gear.

While I was endlessly pounding the trail over the past few days, I thought Sitka should really make their Mountain Vest in blaze orange.

I wear an essentially useless orange vest every day during rifle season. Why not combine the two products into one and make it serve double duty. Changing the color should be easy.

Hopefully their scouts read this and some more people chime in that would be on board.

they make the stratus vest in blaze which has gore windstopper. i haven't used or handled it but i was thinking the same thing recently.

H80Hunter

WKR
I bought a sized up blaze stratus vest to wear over my sanctuary jacket during gun season in WI. I haven’t used it yet but it layers nice over the jacket.

ChrisAU

WKR
I like it but the problem is there are definitely times I don’t want my vest to add any insulating property at all. A high exertion hike to a glassing point in the evening, which I’m required to wear orange on, would be a bummer if my vest blocked a cooling wind.

I’ve never understood why companies that make hunting clothes won’t make any blaze orange pieces? My vest, puffy jacket and a rain jacket in blaze orange are made by Patagonia.

they make the stratus vest in blaze which has gore windstopper. i haven't used or handled it but i was thinking the same thing recently.

I thought about the Stratus, but I ordered a Kings Camo that was fleece because it was cheaper. I returned it for the simple reason is that it may be too warm for hiking out in CO. I ended up ordering the Sitka Ballistic vest instead. I agree, the Mountain Vest in orange would be a good option, maybe even reversible in Subalpine???? Or would that cut into the profit margins? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prm

WKR
Kuiu does make a couple nice orange vests.

I prefer having the cheapest, thinnest vest that does not interfere with my layering system.