New promaster XC-M

Travis2282

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone checked out the specs of the new pro masters? The 525 at 2 lbs 4 oz max height of 67 1/8 and folds down to 15 inches sounds pretty sweet to me! The 522 is even lighter and more compact. Can’t wait to see reviews on these!

aron

WKR
Specs look to have reduced some weight versus the current 525 model. It also has a reduced max load which, especially the 522 which I wonder if that would be stable enough on a breezy day.

Does anyone fold the legs the 180 degrees from the standard direction? I tried that but the pan head gets in the way which doesn't allow you to fold the legs together and essentially doubles the compactness in the pack.

The new system is shipping later this week into us. Just saw it at a conference. It's amazing. There will be changeable feet for sand, mud and Ice. Extensions for each leg, new improved head. Truly an amazing system

More to follow

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We've been looking at these, and will have some to test in the next few days. I have been a bit disappointed by tripods with the dual style center post in the past, they just seem very top heavy for our purposes. But since the Slik 624 is no longer available, that XC-M 522 looks very interesting for guys who do most of their glassing sitting on the side of a hill. As always you can be sure we'll test before we put them up for sale.

OP
Travis2282

Travis2282

Lil-Rokslider
We've been looking at these, and will have some to test in the next few days. I have been a bit disappointed by tripods with the dual style center post in the past, they just seem very top heavy for our purposes. But since the Slik 624 is no longer available, that XC-M 522 looks very interesting for guys who do most of their glassing sitting on the side of a hill. As always you can be sure we'll test before we put them up for sale.
Will you be testing the taller xc-m525c also?

Dos XX

WKR
Classified Approved

Elite

WKR
Has anyone else had there hands on these new tri pods? Currently in the market and these are looking appealing. But would need to add a pan style head and remove the factory one and that would push it over 3lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I havce the older XC522 and like it with my 65mm spotter. It’s not rock solid in wind, has some shake seen in videos I’ve taken on windy days, but not bad. I’m excited to see the newer version as well.

Personally like the shorter ones for a good height to glass while seated (either directly on the ground or a stump or pack). Save weight and bulk too... but that’s another topic all together.

Elite

WKR
I was almost going to pull the trigger on a xc 525. Seems like a lot of people like it. I am worried about the 2 stage centre post design on the new xcm tho. Does anyone know what the folded length would be with out flipping the legs 180? I don’t think it would fit well in my spotting scope with the legs flipped around.

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just got the xcm522 carbon. First impression is that it looks pretty darn good. I'll get a couple hours with it this afternoon and try to get some more info posted up tomorrow.
6f83b1968a04cf54570ac954fb714319.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Elite

WKR
Just got the xcm522 carbon. First impression is that it looks pretty darn good. I'll get a couple hours with it this afternoon and try to get some more info posted up tomorrow.
6f83b1968a04cf54570ac954fb714319.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Perfect looking forward to the review!

They are 100% worth considering. We have sold hundreds of the XC525C tripods and the new series is even better.
The tripods, if possible, are better built, fold smaller, go higher and the system allows you to make the tripod custom for your needs. Having the 2 stage center column allows the tripod to fold up smaller and go higher then the original model
It also allows for you to switch the feet to all terrain feet with a spike that also comes with a rubber cover for use inside.
All 3 legs unscrew and they have Macro/extensions that allow you to work closer to the ground or extend the tripod even higher without losing stability.
There is NO tripod on the market that offers the value and quality like this series

HoytHntr4

WKR
They are 100% worth considering. We have sold hundreds of the XC525C tripods and the new series is even better.
The tripods, if possible, are better built, fold smaller, go higher and the system allows you to make the tripod custom for your needs. Having the 2 stage center column allows the tripod to fold up smaller and go higher then the original model
It also allows for you to switch the feet to all terrain feet with a spike that also comes with a rubber cover for use inside.
All 3 legs unscrew and they have Macro/extensions that allow you to work closer to the ground or extend the tripod even higher without losing stability.
There is NO tripod on the market that offers the value and quality like this series
Do you have the new XC-M's & accessories in stock now?

marktole

WKR
I had a Promaster with a 2-stage center column that I ended up returning. I could tell after using it indoors for 15 minutes that it wasn't going to cut it with a pan head and 85mm spotting scope. As soon as that thing got even the slightest breeze the scope would not have been stable. I would be wary if you're planning to use it with a big scope at full height.