New Proof Research Stock - First Thoughts ...

I wanted to lighten up one of my favorite rifles and saw the Proof Research Stock at the Sheep Show this year. Decided to order one from Stocky’s - Short Action in Granite Brown. I just received it yesterday and wanted to share if anyone else was looking at them.

First thoughts are that it’s really light. Weighs in at 19.4 ounces on my scale. That will save me over 12 ounces right off the bat on my overall rifle weight. I’m taking it to my gunsmith on Friday to have it bedded and some minor inletting. I test fit the bottom metal and action (Christiansen Arms Ridgeline). The bottom metal is just a tad too tight - didn’t want to force it, so I’ll let him look at it. I also need the stock recessed to accommodate the side bolt release which I figured ahead of time.

I’ll post some pictures later and update as I get more feedback from my gunsmith.

https://www.stockysstocks.com/proof...hunter-riflestock-remington-700tm-clones.html

Trees91

WKR
Just got my Proof research elevation rifle this past weekend. Had to pull the stock off to see if they’re really that light. Sure are. This is with a little bedding compound too.
708972F1-BFEC-4886-9732-086D79D00DFD.jpeg