New purchase, Crispi Colorados

CX5Ranch

WKR
Well I have been looking for a new set of boots basically all summer. Had several different brands in mind and tried on several. Couldn't get happy with any.

I just about bought the saloman quad 4 gtx when I remembered a rokslide sponsor was in town. I stopped in at James River Archery in Springfield MO and tried out the crispi lineup.

I have never owned a high end boot. I literally threw up a couple times in my mouth when he showed me the price tag. Anyways I threw down the cash and bought the colorados.

I just got back in from a little hike. I did 1.2 miles at a very brisk walk with 35 in my day pack. I believe they're gonna be worth it. I am still a little sticker shocked but it seems a great product.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I’ve only gotten my Crispi Summits muddy so far, but getting out to Colorado in a few weeks and can’t wait to put them through their paces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PinFloat

FNG
I just picked up the Colorados from BlackOvis. This is the first set of Crispis for me. I agree, it was hard to stomach the price tag so I think that made me more critical of them. Wore them around the house and on the stair climber for a week or so but kept feeling alot of pressure under my toes, like my toes were hanging off a ledge? I switched out the insoles for Superfeet ones and that eliminated that problem. Not sure why it felt like that to begin with.

I finally took the tags off this weekend and got them dirty. Put about 7 miles on them with 45-50 pounds in the pack (heavy child carrier with 33 lb kid and trail cams). They felt pretty good. Lots of support. Did alot of walking in a stream and feet stayed 100% dry.

I do wish they were a little lighter but I hope that extra weight gives them a longer lifespan to justify the price.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Similar situation here - had never dropped this kind of $ on hiking boots before but so far I've been really impressed with the build quality and lack of break in on these boots.

Good to hear they handled the water well - I was worried about that angle and hadn't had a chance to test it out yet.

Only a full hunting season will tell but it does feel like I got what I paid for in this case.