New rangefinder purchase

All I am in the market for a new rangefinder. I am looking at something for archery and rifle. I don’t shoot past 500 at an animal so I don’t need something that goes too far. I read the review about the new vortex rangefinders. Does anyone have some more reviews on the crossfire? Or any other recommendations?

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Please speak with Doug or Neil, Thanks

I was going to make the same thread and figured I would just bump this up.

I'm looking for something in the $300-$500 range. I want reliable animal readings to 500 yards and targets (steel or rocks, etc) to 800. I don't care about claims of ranging to 2000 or whatever.

I was looking at the Sig 3k but it's frankly got too much gingerbread. I don't want it to talk to my phone or drop waypoints or have six different modes for proprietary bs.

@gr8fuldoug do you have any specific suggestions? I would like to research a bit rather than calling somewhat blind.