New reckoning hood, how to.

Long story short, ripped my old school reckoning packing out a bull. Sent it in for repairs and they replaced the hood on it with the “new style”.

I think I’m the idiot here but now the load lifters don’t attach to the frame thru the hood. They attach to the hood and the hood is just draped over the frame. If the load lifter attaches to the bag how do I keep the bag from slipping off the frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDB9818

WKR
All of the newer bags are made that way. You should now have 3 different loops to attach your load lifters that will give you a few more options for the perfect load lifter angle.

If you have the bag cinched up using the mounting straps on the bottom rear of the bag, I can assure you it's not coming off of the frame.

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
By using the tensioners at the bottom to keep it all tight so it won’t slip.

• Banned
OP
K
All of the newer bags are made that way. You should now have 3 different loops to attach your load lifters that will give you a few more options for the perfect load lifter angle.

If you have the bag cinched up using the mounting straps on the bottom rear of the bag, I can assure you it's not coming off of the frame.

So it looks like I got the new hood but I didn’t get the mounting straps added to the bottom of the bag. Quick fix for this or is it a “send back to kifaru.” Hunt coming up quickly

ChrisAU

WKR
So it looks like I got the new hood but I didn’t get the mounting straps added to the bottom of the bag. Quick fix for this or is it a “send back to kifaru.” Hunt coming up quickly

Post a pic of the back of your bag laid flat. I’m betting you have everything you need.

• Banned
OP
K
Post a pic of the back of your bag laid flat. I’m betting you have everything you need.

f761d86bc97ed721166e024b52e7ea61.jpg

This is the bag taken off the bottom of the frame and flipped up. The bottom of the frame is on the bottom of the pic. Because I don’t have the straps to cinch the bag down to keep the hood tight I have it attached this way. Obviously it doesn’t hold tension.

The blue females that accept the straps at the end of the blue arrow could be my mistake but I’m not sure.

I am definitely here for help and guidance.

There should be a K clip attached to your frame and an open ended female hooked to your bag with a strap running across the bottom on each side

be506f9a92a5b21882b2533615bfb2af.jpg

• Banned
OP
K
By using the tensioners at the bottom to keep it all tight so it won’t slip.

I just watched this again……

1)my bag does have the squadron sleeve
2)my bag does not have the tensioner straps with the ladder locks
3)my bag does have ladder locks but they are for the delta straps that go to the belt

This is the old style, no?

It looks the same as what you posted. I think the only thing that changed was the sleeve. The back of the bag should have two straps as well that feed through the frame tensioners . If it doesnt have tensioners , can the meat shelf hook to the upper points on the frame ? I believe that is why Chris posted he wanted to see the back of your bag. Check out there website there is like 10 pictures .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
OP
K
It looks the same as what you posted. I think the only thing that changed was the sleeve. The back of the bag should have two straps as well that feed through the frame tensioners . If it doesnt have tensioners , can the meat shelf hook to the upper points on the frame ? I believe that is why Chris posted he wanted to see the back of your bag. Check out there website there is like 10 pictures .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can see a ladder lock and tensioner under the meat shelf that I don’t have on this picture from their website
c60615229ccc8f88b80f1f699e455384.jpg