New release - Swarovski NL Pure 8x32 and 10x32

WRO

WKR
Those 8x32's is making things tingle

Edit: Correction, are making things tingle. Sorry, was all hot and bothered over here.
I read about them and my pants got tight..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
NEW SWAROVSKI OPTIK NL PURE 32 Binoculars
WWW.SWAROVSKIOPTIK.COM
S.gif
S.gif
The new NL PURE 32 Binoculars from SWAROVSKI OPTIK -
One with Nature
Cranston, Rhode Island - SWAROVSKI OPTIK NORTH AMERICA, a subsidiary of the Austrian-based company, is pleased to announce the new NL PURE 32 binocular. A smaller, lighter version of our NL PURE 42. It features the same superb optical system as its big brother, with an extremely compact, precise focus mechanism. These binoculars have been designed to fit perfectly into your hand, giving you a relaxed view, even for prolonged periods.

The new binoculars will be available in two magnifications (8x32 and 10x32). They also come in an eye-catching new color. In addition to the traditional green, this compact masterpiece is also available in Burnt Orange.

Just like the NL PURE 42, the 32 mm brings you the largest field of view to date. With the huge, revolutionary field of view (up to 450 ft. @ 1000 yds) and the barely perceptible edges, these binoculars provide every user with a very natural observation experience that allows you to immerse yourself in what you see. The extraordinarily wide field of view combined with the compact design of the binoculars and remarkable ergonomics takes the viewing experience to the next level.

The binoculars were designed to keep friction to a minimum when Austria was working on the design of the new focus mechanism. Precision threads and optimum surfaces all play their part in ensuring easy mobility. NL PURE binoculars also use the proven magnesium technology to guarantee maximum ruggedness combined with lightweight.

The new NL PURE 32 mm series weigh only 22.8 oz and are only 5.7 inches long. They would make an ideal lightweight, compact binocular for all day use.

With the uncompromising image definition, unmatched clarity, and maximum color fidelity, you will not be disappointed with the NL PURE. This binocular gives off true-to-life images and provides excellent color rendering with high light transmission.​

Rodéo

WKR
The 8x32's make me want to sell all my bino's and and just go 8x32 and 80mm spotter when needed. Got some thinkin' to do

I was just wondering when they would bring the NL features to another size of bino or . . . spotting scope?

vkl

FNG
I wonder if people will be selling their EL's to buy or add these.

prm

WKR
I’ll be interested in just how much better they are than 8x30 CLs.

Looking at the specs, the NLs are physically a little larger, and they have larger FOV and a bit more light transmission. Also 2x the cost.

The initial chatter on the birding forums about the NL 32s has everyone a bit stunned (not in a good way) after the first well-known member got their hands on one. Surprisingly, they are very close in size to the NL 42s and FOV is actually narrower. Since the NLs are a bit of an optics engineering marvel it may have proven too difficult to reduce the form by much without compromising the optics - wouldn’t have guessed? I was hoping for something a bit smaller and lighter that still captured all of the NL advantages.

We won‘t get many of the specifics until after they come to market in May and are properly reviewed. However, their primary competition, the Zeiss SF 8x32s, are definitely smaller, lighter, with a wider FOV, and can be had for about $700 or so less.

Himself

FNG
I have been using the 8X32 SF since early December, and find them to be ideal for my purposes.

A complete review and comparison with the 8X32 NL will be interesting, and I look forward to reading it, but I am not prepared to take the hosing I would have to to "upgrade" just to have the "latest and greatest" from Swarovski.

The color rendition is spectacular, far better than my 10X42 EL SV, which I gave away to my #1 granddaughter. Either things have changed in the six or seven years since I bought the EL, or Zeiss knows things about glass and coatings that Swarovski does not.

Unless you are a chronic fault-finder and obsessive flaw chaser, I cannot imagine anyone not being delighted with this little SF.

From what I see on the Bird Forum, optical differences between the NL and the SF in 8X32 are hard to detect.

Last edited: