New Resident to Boise, no buddies...looking to find likeminded backcountry folks.

KyleHuntID

FNG
Classified Approved
Hi All,

I hope this post finds you well and for the ID residents that are upset with newcomers I get it! But I will make a pledge to keep it the same (RED.)

This is NOT a post to gain intel on a spot or even a nudge in the right direction the simple fact is that I am new here and have "0" folks I can call to go check out a spot or hit a hike up during the week or weekend.

Little bit about myself, I have a wife of 10 years and a little girl that is turning 5 yo next month I say that to tell you that I am not able to go every weekend scouting but certainly at the least a long weekend each month during June/July/Aug sprinkled in with a few day rippers. I absolutely love the wilderness and getting remote. Sometimes I dont know if I like the hunting or the remote wilderness more and now days I don't even care if I am the guy to kill something as long as we are hauling meat at the end of a trip I dont care who pulls the trigger.

I have been hunting the backcountry in Washington (primarily), Idaho (only the past 2 years) for the past 10 years, learned alot and still learning. The addiction is Mule Deer I absolutely love these animals! I love to get as deep as possible and not afraid getting my ass completely kicked. I train year around for this because I want to be able to go as deep as I need to go.

Recently I picked up a TTR 230 because in ID there is alot of single track and I can go further into the mountains quicker to cover more ground.

I live in Caldwell, ID to be precise, I am looking to see if I can find someone that knows how to keep the mouth quite, work hard, explore and also see if they are local hit up a training hike that I will be doing once a week minimum.

Sorry for the long read, I am not all that great with the blogging/posting things.

Here are a few pics of me and the little.

Thanks all and I look forward to getting more involved on Rokslide, seems like a great tool!

- Kyle Huntington

Disclaimer....1 of those bucks is my buddies from LY.

ID '19 Buck.jpgAddy Hike.jpgWA Deer.jpgA & D Fish.jpgIAN '21.jpgAddy sitting down.jpg

WRO

WKR
I live in Meridian, not a big back county hunter, but I hunt birds 25 days a year and generally big game in 3 or 4 states. I have 4 girls, feel free to hit me up..

ianpadron

WKR
I can vouch for Kyle, dude is hard as nails and an asset in the mountains 100% of the time.

We were the dynamic duo before we both escaped WA (ask him to tell the story of that buddy's buck if you need to see if he checks out)

Big shoes to fill over here in MT, and will always be pumped when we can get out together again in the future.

Nice post Kyle. Get that girl a pack and some binos. My boys started going with me and my wife in Hells Canyon and the N Fk of the Clearwater from the time they were born. MT residents now, but Lifetime License holders in ID. You have some excellent country to recon within an hour or 2 of you. Good luck

Welcome! I'm from out in Mountain Home. Same as you, can get out every weekend but I can normally swing a day here and there. I love getting out and seeing new country. Hit me up.

OP
KyleHuntID

KyleHuntID

FNG
Classified Approved
Welcome! You may be the first fng to be asked to share your honey hole! Great bucks!
Tough part the old honey holes is that it took me 10 years to find them…lol. Feels like I am starting over now. I feel like I had WA dialed and I will continue to go back every year but now ID is overwhelming it’s back to work on finding new spots!

Excited about though….I have some good leads

OP
KyleHuntID

KyleHuntID

FNG
Classified Approved
Just an FYI moving this post to Rally Point. I was informed that is a good place to make buddies.

Thanks all for the welcoming messages, appreciate it.

Nice post Kyle. Get that girl a pack and some binos. My boys started going with me and my wife in Hells Canyon and the N Fk of the Clearwater from the time they were born. MT residents now, but Lifetime License holders in ID. You have some excellent country to recon within an hour or 2 of you. Good luck
N Fk of the Clearwater, one of the many greatest places on Earth that Idaho has to offer.

For scenery, hunting or both? My thoughts were that predators run the show there but I really have no clue.
I know that area was hit pretty hard by predators, also it has gotten pretty popular for people from out of state. So as far as hunting I guess that depends, I know there are plenty of places to get back in away from people. We used to camp and fish on it when I was younger. I am sure with the increased popularity its more crowded than years back. (I often hesitate talking about these places on here, not as bad as other social media sights I guess though)

OP
KyleHuntID

KyleHuntID

FNG
Classified Approved
I know that area was hit pretty hard by predators, also it has gotten pretty popular for people from out of state. So as far as hunting I guess that depends, I know there are plenty of places to get back in away from people. We used to camp and fish on it when I was younger. I am sure with the increased popularity its more crowded than years back. (I often hesitate talking about these places on here, not as bad as other social media sights I guess though)
I get it on the talking, good thing is that area is huge so its just a general direction. Going forward I will be sending messages.

Jsaw87

FNG
We are pretty close, I am off Indiana and 55 lake Lowell is just down the street.

R u a mule deer addict?
Welcome to the area. I’m close too, Middleton/Iowa. Also I’m in the same boat when it comes to time due to family and little ones. Shoot me a PM