New Rifle Build

mvrk28

WKR
Ok before I finalize my order with Manners, I wanted to post my build sheet and have you guys get out the red pens. I’m building a rifle for my son, he’s 6 weeks old right now so I am in a huge rush to get this done haha.

This is a process that will take several years as I don’t feel the need to buy all of this at once to build a safe queen but while the second amendment still exists I want to work on this.

I ordered a Manners EH1 stock and spec’d it as follows:

Action - Defiance Anti X SA
Barrel - Proof 6.5mm Sendero 22” (maybe 24”)
Bottom Metal - Hawkins M5 Oberndorf w/ Wyatts box.

I opted to not use sling studs and went with flush cups on the left side (right hand action).
Adding a pic rail for a bipod as well.

As of right now I plan on chambering it in 260 AI.

Wizbang

FNG
If you switch out that pic rail for an arca rail you, I mean he could also use a tripod as well as a bipod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

mvrk28

WKR
If you switch out that pic rail for an arca rail you, I mean he could also use a tripod as well as a bipod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was looking at that and still going back and forth, I may still make that change.

Your gonna drop some good money into a build that won’t fit him until he is 16-18 years old. If staying with manners a CS2 or a PRS-TCS will grow with him and get him shooting comfortably at a lot younger age. Also chop that barrel to 20-22 and get a suppressor if you don’t already have one. And agree wholeheartedly with @Wizbang on swapping the pic for arca.

If your concerns are 2nd Amendment based, every child needs a 6.5 AR10 :). No matter what happens you should always be able to put together a bolt gun.

I would also slap the EH1 on something else and grab a lightweight chassis with Quick Adjust everything so you and him will be able to set the chassis to fit quickly and make the whole experience better.

wait till you see how much stuff this kid is 'going to need' before he's even able to shoot a gun let alone make it to 16, way to go dad, you got this figured out, mom doesn't stand a chance, 2 against 1 now

mine needed a couple quads along the way trying to find the right one then they needed a 4 seat side x side, with a roof, stereo, the never ending upgraded optics just weren't good enough for our babies, or the rifles, or the packs...only the best for junior, right mom? gosh my kids sure were/are spoiled, haven't even mentioned trucks 'they needed' lol

Last edited:
OP
M

mvrk28

WKR
wait till you see how much stuff this kid is 'going to need' before he's even able to shoot a gun let alone make it to 16, way to go dad, you got this figured out, mom doesn't stand a chance, 2 against 1 now

mine needed a couple quads along the way trying to find the right one then they needed a 4 seat side x side, with a roof, stereo, the never ending upgraded optics just weren't good enough for our babies, or the rifles, or the packs...only the best for junior, right mom? gosh my kids sure were/are spoiled
I was thinking about buying him his first truck soon.