New Rifle - Help Me Make A Decision

Benjblt

WKR
So I'm selling my Rem 700 300 WSM. So I'm looking at the Christensen Arms Ridgeline or the Tikka T3x in the same caliber. Which one would you go with if cost was only a small part of the consideration?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2five7

WKR
What cartridge? If it's long action, the Ridgeline for sure, mostly for longer mag length and faster twist barrels in some calibers.

Me personally I'd go with the Christensen Arms, owned a tika tx3 once wasn't to Impressed with it or their customer service. That being said I know of a lot of happy tika users as well maybe I just got a lemon. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for and that CA is a quality rifle not to say the tx3 is bad either.

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
I'd rather have the Remington
Really? Why is that? Mine isn't bad but I haven't been able to work up a load for it that it likes super well yet. I put a Limbsaver deresonator on it and it shot less then an inch. I just don't like that thing.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Really? Why is that? Mine isn't bad but I haven't been able to work up a load for it that it likes super well yet. I put a Limbsaver deresonator on it and it shot less then an inch. I just don't like that thing.

I like Remingtons. However, if you don't like it, then sell it and get whatever you like.

rootacres

WKR
I literally just bought a CA Ridgeline in 300 WSM and am happy with it so far. I have dialed up some reloads where if I do my part the rifle shoots better than most (I haven't ran premium factory ammo through it). That being said my dad just picked up a T3x Superlite in 300 win mag and that rifle is a shooter for sure. He did however have a radial brake added to tame the recoil some.

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
Wow this is about the same thing I’m considering as well. I’m looking to sell a Remington 700 in 300 WSM and buying a new 300 wsm (posted about possibly getting a 28 nosler but the ammo availability killed that with living in California)

But anyway I’m considering either the CA Ridgeline or a Kimber subalpine.
Idk If you've held a Tikka or not but I considered one until I held it and I just didn’t like the way it shouldered or the feel of the stock. I know there aren’t many complaints with how the shoot though

Im leaning towards going with the Kimber just another option to Consider if your open to other options.

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
Wow this is about the same thing I’m considering as well. I’m looking to sell a Remington 700 in 300 WSM and buying a new 300 wsm (posted about possibly getting a 28 nosler but the ammo availability killed that with living in California)

But anyway I’m considering either the CA Ridgeline or a Kimber subalpine.
Idk If you've held a Tikka or not but I considered one until I held it and I just didn’t like the way it shouldered or the feel of the stock. I know there aren’t many complaints with how the shoot though

Im leaning towards going with the Kimber just another option to Consider if your open to other options.

I looked at the Kimber. I feel like the barrel will heat up much quicker then then the CA. Also, they are almost too light for a magnum caliber. Still probably a good option.

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
I looked at the Kimber. I feel like the barrel will heat up much quicker then then the CA. Also, they are almost too light for a magnum caliber. Still probably a good option.

Ya that’s true the CA will Handle the heat better.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just switched from a tikka t3 7mm to a 300 RUM Christensen Ridgeline after about 6 years. Night and day difference. Ridgeline all the way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
Tikka,shoot it for a year & then send it to HCA to be turned into a way better rifle a CA is for not much more money than a ridgeline. If ya just want to go to the gun counter and cost isn’t an issue, go ridgeline.

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
Tikka,shoot it for a year & then send it to HCA to be turned into a way better rifle a CA is for not much more money than a ridgeline. If ya just want to go to the gun counter and cost isn’t an issue, go ridgeline.
What's an HCA?

Lelder

Lil-Rokslider
Never shot a CA but have a T3x superlite in 308 that i love and it shoots moa with 150gr-180gr

Lelder

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure what you dont like about the Remington but i put a Timney trigger in mine and groups shrank 3/4". It was like shooting a different rifle, i would of never believed a quality trigger made so much difference

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
Not sure what you dont like about the Remington but i put a Timney trigger in mine and groups shrank 3/4". It was like shooting a different rifle, i would of never believed a quality trigger made so much difference
I have a Timney on mine too and it is great. May groups are like 1.5", maybe less. I want sub MOA.

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
Have you thought about rebarreling your M700?
I have not. Might be worth it. I've also looked at paying the gunsmith to work up a load or put a new stock on it. I just feel like I might as well put that money towards a new rifle that's lighter.

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
What's an HCA?

Hells Canyon Armory. Inquire with Mike about options on a tikka action. It might change your mind on paying $2000 for a factory gun. Just another option to look at imo. Good luck with your decision.