New rifle, new scope

I am looking for a new scope for my incoming 280ai. I had a 2-10 NXS on my current 280ai but I want a little more magnification. I am trying to stay around 21oz and $1000, maybe $1500. I dont need more than about 15x on the top end. I dont really have a preference on FFP vs SFP. I have 2 MIL scopes so want to stick with that. Priority is consistent tracking. These are the 3 I have found so far. Looking for input and other options.

BRANDRETICLEFFP/SFPMagnificationOZ
Midas TAC 4-16×44 APRS2 FFP MIL HDMILFFP4-1623.9
Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x42 SFPMILSFP2.5-1522.9
Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15x42 HSR-5i MRADMILSFP3-1519.1

Too bad you can't go with MOA. The Maven RS 1 would fit the bill for that rifle very nice. Albeit, it is a little heavier than what you are looking for. IMO you can't go wrong with a Maven, they're solid. Really, that much disdain for the Vortex huh?

OP
MuleyFever
Too bad you can't go with MOA. The Maven RS 1 would fit the bill for that rifle very nice. Albeit, it is a little heavier than what you are looking for. IMO you can't go wrong with a Maven, they're solid. Really, that much disdain for the Vortex huh?

Just so many stories of Vortex scopes going to crap.

OP
MuleyFever
I understand.
Like I mentioned though a lot of people are using the LHT and it appears to be doing well for them. I am not taking it off my list yet. If the rifle comes in a little heavy the LHT may look really good at 19oz.

ItemB

Lil-Rokslider
Maven seems to check a lot of my boxes for a scope, just wish it had an illuminated reticle option.

I puke in my mouth a little every time I think of putting a Vortex on my rifle but the LHT appears to be doing well for a lot of people.

I feel you, I swore off vortex after a bad set of binos, crappy rangefinder and a Gen I PST that all had issues but I did get one of the LHT 50mm when they were like $700 on europtic. I like it but it’s on an AR and I haven’t shot and dialed it a ton, but so far so good.

I’m an MOA guy so I have a Maven RS.1 that is awesome (illum reticle would be only thing lacking but the FFP reticle is thick enough at min power ) the Maven scopes are almost as nice as Nightforce and nicer than the LHT.

Also have NXS 2.5-10 and the NX8 2-20

If the NXS had capped windage it would be the perfect hunting scope. It’s still really good.

I think you know deep down you want the NX8. It’s only money right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk