New Rifle Recommendations needed...

Yarbro

FNG
First time post. Most of my hunting over the past 20 years has been archery. Looking for some advise on rifle selection. So I am set on getting a 6.5 PRC. With this being said I have gone down the rabbit hole with the custom build Tikka action, Proof Barrel and so on... Looking for advise for a stock rifle under $2000. Been looking at the seekins PH2 and a few other but really like the idea of a proof barrel. So best BANG for the $$$$.

OP
Yarbro

Yarbro

FNG
Yes I kinda put the cart before the horse. I have 1 case of 143 ELDX

Antares

WKR
What put you off the Tikka idea? I got a T3x Lite Compact, added a McMillan Game Hunter, and a carbon PROOF barrel. It’ll be right around the $2000 mark.

OP
Yarbro

Yarbro

FNG
That’s funny I was looking at the Tikka action proof barrel Game warden stock I am vortex Razor LHT

Antares

WKR
I can’t find a tikka in 65 PRC Right now
You don’t need a 6.5 PRC Tikka if you’re rebarreling (they don’t exist yet anyway). Just get an action in a cartridge that uses the same bolt face as 6.5 PRC.

Tikka makes a T3X Lite in 6.5PRC. There was a few on GB in the last week or so. They weigh about 6.5-7lb. Fluted barrel, factory brake and adjustable trigger. Run about $1200.

First time post. Most of my hunting over the past 20 years has been archery. Looking for some advise on rifle selection. So I am set on getting a 6.5 PRC. With this being said I have gone down the rabbit hole with the custom build Tikka action, Proof Barrel and so on... Looking for advise for a stock rifle under $2000. Been looking at the seekins PH2 and a few other but really like the idea of a proof barrel. So best BANG for the $$$$.
I'd definitely get the PH2, seekins builds with Rock Creek barrels they're among the best.
Proof is over rated, plus it sucks waiting months and months for a build.
Edit:
I see the new Tikka 6.5 prc is going for a ridiculous $1200 with the same crappy plastic stock, forget that! They're a $700 rifle with new fancy frills.
Definitely spend $600 more for the Seekins, you're getting alot more bang for your buck

Last edited:

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
Fierce makes a sweet rifle and you can find them on sale for less than $2000. Xbolts are nice as well.

OP
Yarbro

Yarbro

FNG
So I bit the bullet this morning and picked up the Seekins PH2 6.5 prc new from Eruooptics. $1764 tax/shipping included. Now onto the optics. Thoughts? I am looking at the Vortex LHT/Viperpst/Leo VX5HD. Am I missing any??

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Bushnell Forge or some others that they have been clearing out. GA Precision had some deals.

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
So I bit the bullet this morning and picked up the Seekins PH2 6.5 prc new from Eruooptics. $1764 tax/shipping included. Now onto the optics. Thoughts? I am looking at the Vortex LHT/Viperpst/Leo VX5HD. Am I missing any??
Nice- Seekins look really sweet. The Viper PST is quite heavy; I just sold it and I'm between the Leupold VX5 HD and the Vortex LHT.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Agree, PST is on the heavier side. I'm giving the LHT a try, but I sure like to spend a little more money and get a better scope. But, budgets and everything.

Its not a light, but the exposed turret SHV are really solid scopes, and can't be beat for the money. Only drawback is weight, but if it is your go to scope, it is worth it, IMO. I run an MK 5 on my go to rifle.