New Rifle Stock Suggestions

I’m looking for some new stock suggestions for a Browning X Bolt Medallion in 300 WSM. I have the factory wood stock on it now, but I want to put a synthetic stock on it before I would take it on a backpack hunt.

thanks!

McMillan Game Scout stock

I've shot a Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon with one installed on it and it was amazingly comfortable. Very strudy and overall lightweight and it has QD cups already.

Antares

WKR
No gunsmithing. Just pull out the action screws, swap stocks, retorque actions screws. You can do it in under a minute.

Give McMillan a call. I'm sure they've inletting thousands of stocks for the X-Bolt. Should be plug and play.

Here's my XBolt Stainless Stalker with a McMillan Game Scout. I love the stock. I wish all my rifles had Game Scouts on them. No bedding necessary.

Attachments

• IMG_20190402_175721100.jpg
    IMG_20190402_175721100.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 96
OP
ChasinTails27
Here's my XBolt Stainless Stalker with a McMillan Game Scout. I love the stock. I wish all my rifles had Game Scouts on them. No bedding necessary.
That looks pretty damn good.

If I’m gonna spend $650+ on a new rifle stock I may just buy a new rifle!!

sndmn11

WKR
That looks pretty damn good.

If I’m gonna spend $650+ on a new rifle stock I may just buy a new rifle!!
It's a tough one to swallow! Tobey weighed his and I think it came in right at 2lb 1oz, so the same as wood, heavier than the synthetic factory. I could justify buying one if it came in lighter than wood, but couldn't pull the trigger on one yet.

OP
ChasinTails27
It's a tough one to swallow! Tobey weighed his and I think it came in right at 2lb 1oz, so the same as wood, heavier than the synthetic factory. I could justify buying one if it came in lighter than wood, but couldn't pull the trigger on one yet.
You can get a factory replacement synthetic for like $150!

Tobey

Lil-Rokslider
Hope it helps you out for the time being. Maybe a game scout sometime down the road wonder what they would come out at with edge fill. I'm liking mine on the shorty bolt but they're not cheap, want to upgrade the scope when the credit card recovers
1629945761411.png

JMalmy

FNG
My stock made mine a little heavier, but overall, nice. I think it’s a McMillan

Steelruger22

Lil-Rokslider
I would have a hard time justifying spending $650 on a stock as well. Here is another option. I know browning will sell you a replacement stock if you contact them. A good option would be if you could get your hands on one of the carbon fiber stocks that come on the X Bolt Pros. I have one and I love the thing. Don't know what it would set you back, but if it was at or slightly above the cost of the Game Scout I would take the Carbon fiber every time.