New rifle...which scope?

Looking for a quality optic that is 1st Focal Plane in the $1200 and under range. Any recommendations?

ofl0926

WKR
we need more specifics to give a suggestions.
what kind of rifle?
what kind of shooting?
maximum shot distance?
will you be dialing?
weight?

OP
Dog_Logghe
Browning Long Range in 7mm
Intentions of being accurate out to 5-600 yards in the field. Mostly Plains Muleys. Would love to also join some buddies from work who shoot on weekends out to 800 yards.
Dialing would be new to me but would love to learn the tricks of the trade. Weight is lower on the list as I'm not sure if I will ever be hunting or backpacking into higher elevations...

ofl0926

WKR
i would look at swfa 3-15 optic.
its FFP scope and its built to dial. you will be able to dial to that distance and then some. i am planning on getting one myself.

OP
Dog_Logghe
Looked at most of those listed and I am curious how the Burris XTR glass stacks up to the competition? The 4-20 compares well when looking at specs and features.

skierhs

WKR
Nightforce 4-14 F1 shv would be my pick out of the options in that price point. You get the same durability NF is known for but save on costs and have a super easy zero set to make.

I give 2 shits about glass, but the swfa 3-15 sux balls in veiling glare, backlit conditions. And above 12x the eywbox gets stupid tight and resolution goes down a bunch. They are rugged tho.

1200$ will buy you a brand new swfa 5-20hd

That's where I'd go. Bushnell lrhs 3-12 was good to me, and I hear okay things about the lrts or whatever the tactical version is.

OP
Dog_Logghe
Nightforce 4-14 F1 shv would be my pick out of the options in that price point. You get the same durability NF is known for but save on costs and have a super easy zero set to make.
I looked at an F1 recently at a Scheels and I wasn't a big fan of the tight eye relief but it seemed like a well built optic...

i would look at swfa 3-15 optic.
its FFP scope and its built to dial. you will be able to dial to that distance and then some. i am planning on getting one myself.
+++ on the SWFA scopes, virtually ANY of them - they are in a class all by themselves

I give 2 shits about glass, but the swfa 3-15 sux balls in veiling glare, backlit conditions. And above 12x the eywbox gets stupid tight and resolution goes down a bunch. They are rugged tho.

1200$ will buy you a brand new swfa 5-20hd

That's where I'd go. Bushnell lrhs 3-12 was good to me, and I hear okay things about the lrts or whatever the tactical version is.
ANOTHER GREAT scope

gs98

FNG
Nightforce SHV F1 has my vote. I’ve got one on a browning 7mm Rem mag. Good combo. You can find them here and there on different classifieds for a good price.