New Rifle?

Hey guys, I've been kicking around the idea of getting a new rifle this next year. Our current rifle is a Rugar American predator 6.5 Creedmoor. I got the gun originally for the wife to use. However I've been using it as well the past few years. I'm thinking of starting to rifle hunt alittle more. Trying to apply for some out of state stuff this next season. So thay being said I'm considering on purching a new rifle. I'm not dead set on anything but so far form what I've come up with I'm kinda leaning on eaither a Bagerra b-14 ridge wilderness or a browning x-bolt Hells canyon In a 300 Prc. I'm fairly new to rifle hunting (mainly archery) So any info / advice would be awesome. I've looked at both guns at a local store just haven't had any time behind one. Thanks again in advance.

What are you wanting to achieve with the new rifle? What types of animals? What distances?

Will you be using commercial ammo or planning to develop hand-loads?

OP
Rackseekers
Yep, tell us more about what you hope to use the new gun for
my bad, So I live in southern AZ and primarily hunt Coues deer. We've been using the 6.5. However I would like to have a gun that I can use for Coues/Mulies/Elk. I know realistically the 6.5 can probably do what I want it to as long as you put the bullet where it needs to go. However I'd like to have alittle more power behind it if we have to stretch it out. We've shot a few Coues 500-750 I've pratcied alot further but try to not take shots past that unless we absolutely have to. The new gun would basically be something I could take out with alittle more confidence out of state on a extended hunt than our current gun. I was also planning on running the Hornady eld-x 212gr out of it.

OP
Rackseekers
That's kinda what I was thinking. I was looking at the 28 nosler and the 7rum as well. But I think the 300 will be just as good and seems to have alittle more behind it with the factory Hornady.

300 prc would be an easy button for you wants as would the .30 Nosler. Along with your 6.5 CM you would have all reasonable bases covered. I’m not a fan of either rifle you listed for a couple of reasons and would see if you could find a seekins havak for the PRC or the new Nosler model 21 in 30 Nosler.

Hey guys, I've been kicking around the idea of getting a new rifle this next year. Our current rifle is a Rugar American predator 6.5 Creedmoor. I got the gun originally for the wife to use. However I've been using it as well the past few years. I'm thinking of starting to rifle hunt alittle more. Trying to apply for some out of state stuff this next season. So thay being said I'm considering on purching a new rifle. I'm not dead set on anything but so far form what I've come up with I'm kinda leaning on eaither a Bagerra b-14 ridge wilderness or a browning x-bolt Hells canyon In a 300 Prc. I'm fairly new to rifle hunting (mainly archery) So any info / advice would be awesome. I've looked at both guns at a local store just haven't had any time behind one. Thanks again in advance.
Bergara and Browning are both hit or miss.
Id go with a seekins PH2 or Fierce
You get a much better action, CF stock, and match grade barrel from Rock Creek.

https://www.eurooptic.com/Seekins-HAVAK-Pro-Hunter-PH2-300-PRC-26-Rifle-11710063.aspx

I have a Bergara HMR Pro in 6.5 CM and it shoots amazingly well. Consistent 1/4 moa or less with occasion 1/8” groups. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another Bergara.

my bad, So I live in southern AZ and primarily hunt Coues deer. We've been using the 6.5. However I would like to have a gun that I can use for Coues/Mulies/Elk. I know realistically the 6.5 can probably do what I want it to as long as you put the bullet where it needs to go. However I'd like to have alittle more power behind it if we have to stretch it out. We've shot a few Coues 500-750 I've pratcied alot further but try to not take shots past that unless we absolutely have to. The new gun would basically be something I could take out with alittle more confidence out of state on a extended hunt than our current gun. I was also planning on running the Hornady eld-x 212gr out of it.
If you can afford it, the Bergara premier series rifles are awesome. I have also had great luck with christensen arms. I have owned a few different xbolts and they have all been shooters.

I would avoid the the Browning. The triggers are not very adjustable and kind of a convoluted design not ideal for an actual trigger job. I would stick with 6.5 CM to streamline your ammo inventory.

Pokoki

FNG
My go-to rifle continues to be a Browning Hells Canyon in 7mag