New rule for posting in the classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumman

WKR
I’d say there are a lot of people on here like me who had a self-imposed rule to not buy from people with really low post counts anyway. I fully support the change and appreciate what the moderators do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Royal7

FNG
Wish there was another way. I've bought and sold plenty here and AT, but now I can't because my post count is to low as I don't post much otherwise. Have you thought of going to a feedback system like AT uses?

I kind of agree with renagade. I'm not as vocal as most but have bought >10 items on here in the last month planning for an upcoming trip. I read a lot of the information and appreciative of the post, often times there are people much more knowledgeable than me who are contributing to a subject. I appreciate the effort to make it a safe place but with min 25 posts, I would still likely be needing to read their posts anyway to evaluate. Also, doesnt solve the problem of PM's from WTB adds.

I would feel much more secure about sending money to someone with peer reviews. If 5 members (each with their own posts and history) review someone), that gives me much more confidence than 25 arbitrary posts. I buy and sell a lot on Gunbroker and feel the peer reviewed system greatly cuts down on the fraud. Maybe its a combination of both? Just options

Again thanks for the effort but just a suggestion. and +1 post haha

Thanks
Richard

ATC

FNG
Can this message be made a sticky in the classified rules? I had to search a while before I found this announcement. Couldn't figure why I had the big banner when I went to the classifieds.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Can this message be made a sticky in the classified rules? I had to search a while before I found this announcement. Couldn't figure why I had the big banner when I went to the classifieds.

Got it, thanks for the idea.

alyuaz

WKR
Twenty five post minimum does very little to dissuade scammers.
Although not foolproof,I would suggest some type of transaction rating system,
implemented by many gun/outdoor forums nowadays,in order to somewhat protect
members. If you can have post thanks/likes which are kind of useless, why not have the rating system.

rickiesrevenge

Lil-Rokslider
Is there a way to see what sub forums have the most views? Most forums the classifieds pull the most traffic. Kill the classifieds and the rest of the site will follow.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a way to see what sub forums have the most views? Most forums the classifieds pull the most traffic. Kill the classifieds and the rest of the site will follow.

Easy, it’s shown in full site mode right next to each subforum. And Yes, classifieds is the largest by far. But as I said above, I’ll take it all half the size it is now if we can make it harder for scammers to take advantage of our members.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member

The forums and articles drive the classifieds imo. What moves quick and how to price something I bet is highly influenced by what’s popular in the sub forums. For example selling tree stands, scent lock, UA, daypacks will probably move a lot faster on sites geared toward those uses. People flock here for western hunting hunting gear and the overall forum traffic is highly more active than others.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Just a heads up we dropped it down to 10 posts instead of 25!

Just a warning, we are looking into PM limitations until 10 posts as well. That should be rolling out in the next few days

K9Kelly

WKR
Glad to see the rule and the problem is being addressed. Haven't had any issues personally but find myself being extra careful of late. Awesome community here, lets keep it that way!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just a heads up we dropped it down to 10 posts instead of 25!

Just a warning, we are looking into PM limitations until 10 posts as well. That should be rolling out in the next few days

A PM minimum might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.