WTS NEW SCAMMER: LIPOFORM

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Please see he is deleted!

Had a wtb add for swaros up, responded and was immediately identifiable, asked for payment method to verify before I outed him and he said PayPal ff. Sealed the deal

5626d245b49b6ebd26120d7bac0d0dd0.jpg
342b4566e1e8b54b616f32ca78332865.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vandy321

WKR
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Ask for pics with your username in them on a sticky note included with the item...one way to ensure the pics are legit at least.

Agree that it looks like a scammer, but 100% disagree that asking for paypal F&F is a red flag.

Zero protections for the seller with G&S...Zero. buyer can always get the item, say it never came or box was empty, buyer gets refunded and keeps the item, seller gets nothing, zip, nada. Just wanted to highlight that before people think G&S is the gospel...far from it.

I've got 24+/0- feedback over thousands of dollars of transactions on here alone...never once bought or sold with PayPal G&S.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
. Normal dudes are not talking that way.

Wonder if they'll keep making that mistake now you pointed it out. They are learning and getting smarter to get into your wallet.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
switchbckxt
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Ask for pics with your username in them on a sticky note included with the item...one way to ensure the pics are legit at least.

Agree that it looks like a scammer, but 100% disagree that asking for paypal F&F is a red flag.

Zero protections for the seller with G&S...Zero. buyer can always get the item, say it never came or box was empty, buyer gets refunded and keeps the item, seller gets nothing, zip, nada. Just wanted to highlight that before people think G&S is the gospel...far from it.

I've got 24+/0- feedback over thousands of dollars of transactions on here alone...never once bought or sold with PayPal G&S.

Let’s be clear on this as to not mislead other members who may fall victim to these scumbags….Asking for PayPal ff is in fact a HUGE red flag when the account has 11 posts and was created in July. The user also has no prior selling history. It’s obviously different if the member has 1800 posts and has been a member since 2019 like yourself.

That being said there is probably 10 things in that convo that are off enough for me to be plenty sure long before the PayPal part.

Vandy321

WKR
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Let’s be clear on this as to not mislead other members who may fall victim to these scumbags….Asking for PayPal ff is in fact a HUGE red flag when the account has 11 posts and was created in July. The user also has no prior selling history. It’s obviously different if the member has 1800 posts and has been a member since 2019 like yourself.

That being said there is probably 10 things in that convo that are off enough for me to be plenty sure long before the PayPal part.

Exactly...the convo was a red flag, not paypal F&F, like I said.

Paypal is a joke, not a crutch to save someone from a scammer. Sellers get hosed with G&S all the time. Not to mention the whole anti 2A thing.

Vandy321

WKR
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
OP
switchbckxt
Rating - 100%
40   0   0

this is also misinformation, a few months back a scammer had stolen photos from another listing and when asked for a photo with a post it note and name on it the scammer photoshopped a post it note with the members name written on it and a note that said, “do we have a deal”…. You couldn’t tell it apart from the real thing. Just passing information to help the general group keep safe

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I get all the concerns, but I sold a few big ticket items on here and buyers don’t leave feedback. And I used PPf&f for my protection.

antelopedundee

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Exactly...the convo was a red flag, not paypal F&F, like I said.

Paypal is a joke, not a crutch to save someone from a scammer. Sellers get hosed with G&S all the time. Not to mention the whole anti 2A thing.
What is PayPal G & S? I took PayPal F & F for a scope earlier today. The buyer sent it without batting an eyelid. HE WILL GET HIS SCOPE THO. Oftimes the 3% fee will be the difference between making or not making a small profit which is why sellers prefer it. I've had buyers send hefty sums of money by Venmo without batting an eyelid, but they all got their items.

Vandy321

WKR
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
this is also misinformation, a few months back a scammer had stolen photos from another listing and when asked for a photo with a post it note and name on it the scammer photoshopped a post it note with the members name written on it and a note that said, “do we have a deal”…. You couldn’t tell it apart from the real thing. Just passing information to help the general group keep safe

You can't tell a photoshop from a real photo? Then ask for multiple, ask for a buckle, ask for a pencil.qitb the lead broken...its not rocket surgery.

The only "misinfornation" here is that G&S is some savior. Do your homework, like you did, and you won't get scammed. Simple as that.

BBob

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It appears your first image might appear twice in a Google image search from two sources. Items mixed around on the table but the couch appears to be the same. One image on a CA Canada Ebay type site and the other on a DE German site. The CA seems to be the exact same photo sent to you.

Scammer Swaro EL.JPGScammer Swaro EL 2.JPGScammer Swaro EL 3.JPGScammer Swaro EL 4.JPG

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I offer paypal FF or add the 3% for G&S. Either way I cover the shipping. I couldnt care less if you use FF or GS. If you want to pay the 3%, I just have an amount Id like to net in the deal. Whether someone uses FF or GS +3%, I net the same amount. Should be the standard. But if you are new, and dont have some feedback built up, you should just do yourself and the buyer and favor and not even mention FF.

Ive also sold probably 100 items and bought probably the same amount without any type of issue. You can look at my history and feedback. Im not making "good luck" posts to reach the 10 message limit or starting threads right out the gate complaining about having to wait 7 days and 10 posts in order to get 10 posts.

A couple rules to live by: If its too good to be true, it is. I usually only buy from people with good feedback and/or have been around for a while. I understand people have to get feedback, but for me, I just try to avoid being the first for items over a few hundred bucks. Especially if the person just joined 7 days ago and use the english language in an ultra creative way.

That being said, I think we as a community need to get better about leaving feedback on transactions. Like I said, Ive bought and sold a hundred+ things here without issue, but I only have 12 feedbacks. We probably need to take the feedback more seriously for the greater good.

antelopedundee

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
What is PayPal G & S? I took PayPal F & F for a scope earlier today. The buyer sent it without batting an eyelid. HE WILL GET HIS SCOPE THO. Oftimes the 3% fee will be the difference between making or not making a small profit which is why sellers prefer it. I've had buyers send hefty sums of money by Venmo without batting an eyelid, but they all got their items.
Never mind; goods and services.

antelopedundee

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

A Venmo account with a gmail address is an even redder flag because as I understand it both can be throwaway accounts. I got taken for fitty bucks that way.
SCAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I believe this is the same dude that hit me up with my wtb maven rangefinder post. He messaged me saying that he has the binos im looking for? Lol. I just replied that I'm not looking for any binos and have a nice day.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk