New schnees

Deadfall

WKR
Drove to schnees store in bozeman today. Been waiting on this day for years. After lots of research there were 3 boots that I wanted to try on.

The customer service in that store is not like anything I've ever seen. The salesman was exceptionally trained and informative. Brought up things I have not considered.

He left one customer to check on me and let me know he would be right back after finishing with other customer. That's a first for me.

He went through every boot in detail. Took time to find out what I'm looking for. Sized my feet. Bet we spent the better part of a hour talking boots, outdoor stuff. Very socialable none of that condescending stuff.

Ended up trying on 4 different styles of boot.

I'm pretty sure my feet had orgasms when I slipped them into the uninsured beartooth and the kestrel. Why I waited so long to do this is a mystery. Poor genetics I guess.

After I put them on and walked around a bit salesman asked what my first impression is. Acted as if he actually cared about the quality of boot they are selling. Very impressive.

I have been running schnees pack boots for a couple decades. Always been a fan of there products. My expectations were pretty high. The fine folks in that store definitely set a standard I don't see anywhere else.

The young fella even talked about what to treat these boots with. Talked me into a tube of nikwax. Could be voodoo..idk.

Recon time will tell how these hold up. The wear starts tomorrow.

Idk if anyone knows anyone high up with schnees. There is a blonde kid in the shoe department they should try real hard to keep around.

Anyway, there's a couple cents worth of rambling from a moron.

I have a pair of kestrels and I really enjoy putting them on. I’m rolling through Bozeman this fall and look forward to stopping by and lettting them talk me into buying another pair of schnees.

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
Picked up the kestrel for an everyday boot and backup during hunting season. This is end of day 2 in kestrel.

I have been struggling with planter in my heel. From high arches and bad boots. Not only has the needle pain in my heel gone away. Knees and hips don't hurt either. Granted some of the relief is from stopping at redwing and getting fitted for really good insoles.

The toe box on the kestrel is awesome.

Wore these boots 24 hours in last 2 days right out of the box. On my feet all day doing construction. Best my feet have felt ever.

Was even excited to get out of bed this morning just to put those dang shoes on.

Wife laughed at me. Got a dollop of drywall mud on one boot, ran outside to hose it off...afterward had to smh and wander how I got to be so pretty all of a sudden...lol

I had a pair of Crispis and the customer service was average. The Crispis just didn't work for my feet and after wanting to try something else, I called Schnee's and was sold just from the customer service. I got the boot and had fit issues and they helped me figure out a lot of different options to try and we finally got the fit dialed in. The customer service was so good I ended up with a second pair that I am currently breaking in. The customer service has been phenomenal when I have had fit issues to the point that they have not been afraid to offer an exchange for a different size to see if that works out. I'm going on year four with my Beartooth's and they are just so well built that with regular maintenance and conditioning, they look like they will be able to give me a few more years.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Drove to schnees store in bozeman today. Been waiting on this day for years. After lots of research there were 3 boots that I wanted to try on.

The customer service in that store is not like anything I've ever seen....

Would like to thank you and everyone else on this thread for the feedback. We live for this. Making sure you get the right boot, for your foot(ours or not) and are happy with the entire experience is our mission. So stoked to hear to had a great experience! I will make sure this associate knows how much you enjoyed your stop into our store!

- Matt

Last edited:
On year 2 of my Timberlines and it has become a love hate relationship. Love wearing them, hate getting them dirty!

Got them crazy muddy this weekend and my priorities getting home were getting the tent dry and cleaning the boots. Easily my best hunting related purchase.