New Scope

Long time lurker first time poster... Wondering if you guys or gals could give me your thoughts on a couple of scopes I am trying to decide between. I will be putting it on a Christianson 7MM Rem mag, going to hunt elk with it but will be used more for whitetail in Michigan (far shorter shots). It seems like the more I look into the options it's like the deep end of the ocean. illuminated recital is not something I have to have, thinking 3x15 ish and 44mm. All are flexible price range is probably $1300 and below give or take a bit.
I have looked at
Nightforce SHV
Swarovski z5 and z3
Zeis conquest v4
Maven
Leupold ( i am intrigued with the CDS dial but don't know if it makes that much of a difference or not, sounds great in theory but is it that much easier to use?)

Appreciate greatly your thoughts and suggestions and time.

Rich M

WKR
Have you seem the Optics area of the forums? Loaded with tidbits and some real great reviews and suggestions. I don't know how heavy this one will get hit here.

archp625

WKR
I think all the scopes you mentioned will be good. The CDS is just marketing and I would not want a turret that I can only shoot with one ammo is one elevation and weather. You can get custom turrets for about any scope.

ODB

WKR
You don’t need a CDs on a 7mm at normal hunting distances. Zero a couple inches high at 100 and roll on till 300 yds. Hunt harder to keep shots in that range. Don’t complicate things.

North Woods

FNG
Classified Approved
You don’t need a CDs on a 7mm at normal hunting distances. Zero a couple inches high at 100 and roll on till 300 yds. Hunt harder to keep shots in that range. Don’t complicate things.

This seems to be solid advice. I always thought the idea of dialing the shot was cool and all that until I started to focus more on worrying about dialing and less about everything else...to include taking more practical shots at practical distances as ODB mentioned above. I'm gravitating back towards keeping it simple and hunting harder as ODB put it.

You double posted your OP somehow and I responded to the other one as well. Oops.