New Scope

Kren

FNG
Hello everyone,
I am brand new to posting here, but not to reading a lot of your thoughts regarding gear. I have read countless threads, and always really appreciate the info.

I'm in the market for a new scope, and have been researching a few and find myself a little stuck on which to pull the trigger on. A little background on who i am and what i am looking for. This is going on either a 300WBY or 7mm, and will primarily be used for western hunting and some long range targeting, on a just for fun basis. I never let a few ounces scare me, maybe someday i will but right now i'd rather have the best product rather than try and save 5 oz. Right now i do have a Burris XTR mounted on a 338-378 and also have a sig tango 4 on a 6.5, so i do have some experience with middle tiers scopes and adjustable turrets however i am a long way from an expert. I also have a set of Tract Toric Binos that i love.

So, here's what i am looking for and looking at. Must be FFP, magnification somewhere 18-25 power, has to track and hold zero, must have solid zero stop & want to stay near or under $1,000! I can deal with a little lesser glass if the mechanics all work. I am not a glass snob at all, and sometimes it seems i can;t even tell the things some of you post about, likely because i am a novice. Here's what i am considering, let me know if i should be ruling 1 or 2 out, or if i am missing one.

Athlon Ares BTR
Tract Toric
Steiner Predator 4
Meopta Optika 6
Maven RS.1
Burris XTR

I know it's a long list, thats why i need some help! First hand knowledge would be awesome.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
As a long standing supporting vendor on this forum it would be our pleasure to discuss options and special opportunities with you. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, if you have a few minutes

Deadfall

WKR
As a long standing supporting vendor on this forum it would be our pleasure to discuss options and special opportunities with you. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, if you have a few minutes
This is by far and away your best bet...call these cats!!!

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
You might also look at the Nightforce SHV scopes. I've had good experiences with them and still use one on my 300 WSM.

I would also check out a Sightron SIII 6-24 in FFP with the zero stop. I have their SIII 3.5-10 and I absolutely love it. I don't have the FFP or zero stop model (for what I use it for I don't need it), but I'm sure they're great additions.