New Seek Outside Pack- preview

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Brooks packbag is optimized for a 26" frame, so the 2" extensions come with it. You can run it on a 24" frame, but the bottom of the packbag can wrap the frame slightly. Not a functional issue, but wanted to note that.

The Brooks packbag is optimized for a 26" frame, so the 2" extensions come with it. You can run it on a 24" frame, but the bottom of the packbag can wrap the frame slightly. Not a functional issue, but wanted to note that.

Gotcha, that's the explanation I was looking for. Thanks for clarifying.

How does this frame compare to the other backpack brand (Kifaru, Exo, SG)? From the photos the hip belt looks small and not a lot of padding. At the end of the day the frame/harness is really what makes a good pack.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

We made an inline change to the Brooks and Unaweep. These packbags are now optimized for a 24" frame instead of a 26". This allows the pack to shrink a bit more in day hunt mode, it will fit shorter torsos a bit better, and you can still use it with extensions as a 26 or 28".

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
I took my Brooks out for a few days in Rocky Mountain National Park. I was a little skeptical on this pack as I have owned them all. Holy @#$#&$ I was wrong. I love this thing. Although I could use the Brooks for all my hunts, I like a smaller bag for my short hunts rather than collapsing a big bag. So I came back and punched an order for a Peregrine. It was ultra comfortable. I loved the gate keepers and even though it seems to be built like a tank, it is very light. Also, I was not a fan in theory of the two strap belt, but I liked that too. Although, I did add some 1" gatekeepers for a reverse pull option to tighten. But even before I did that, it was easy to tighten. Belt and pack was very comfortable, did not move once I tightened it. Definitely a pleasant surprise for me. I also had the water bottle pouch and belt pouch on it and they worked great too. On some packs the belt pouches are hard to get open and the water bottle pouches are less than ideal in true function. The Seek Outsides pouches worked great. Just my opinion on this pack after a few days of actual ground pounding for what it is worth.

Ron