New Seek Outside Pack- preview

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hey Rokslide, just got a hold of this pre-release from Seek Outside on their new (big) backpack- The Brooks (the pre-order will be available exclusively through another Rokslide sponsor, Argali Outdoors soon.) This is a 7400 cc highly configurable backpack weighing in at 4.5lbs.

Andrew Jakovac knows packs and said after 5 months of testing the pack this one of the best backpack he's used.

See for yourself what he's talking about in the video in post #2. I don't think you could find a more descriptive video on all the pack's benefits and features.

I've invited Andrew on to this thread to answer questions, so post up any if you have them.

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
[video=youtube_share;JuTGQHaIa4k]http://youtu.be/JuTGQHaIa4k[/video]

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd be interested in a picture of pull out possible pouch inside the pocket. Looks like a great design

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just so folks know, we aren't quite ready for pre-orders yet, but will be soon and I'll make an announcement on the forum when we're ready. In the meantime feel free to hit me with any questions you might have.

Hey Brad,

Will you be pre-releasing their other new/re-released packs, i.e. the new peregrine?

Thanks!

So far we are just doing the new Brooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks for the heads-up. Good review by the way! Seek outside would do well to have reviews like this in the future, explaining details of their products like you did here. I've found their own reviews have been lacking in details as is their website. It's the only complaint I have about them, they make excellent products! You did a great job presenting this pack. Thanks again!

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Ok thanks for the heads-up. Good review by the way! Seek outside would do well to have reviews like this in the future, explaining details of their products like you did here. I've found their own reviews have been lacking in details as is their website. It's the only complaint I have about them, they make excellent products! You did a great job presenting this pack. Thanks again!

Thanks for the feedback!

Grumman

WKR

I agree. From the pics I initially had zero interest in the pack. However after watching the video I now understand the features and really appreciate the design. I wouldn't mind trying one sometime.

sndmn11

WKR
I tried a Stone Glacier Xcurve for about 10 days and a Kifaru Duplex for about 2 months this year, and just took delivery of the Seek Outside Revolution frame yesterday. The Seek Outside is night and day difference in comfort for me and how it carries a load. I walked a shade over 9 miles to work this morning with a 60lb load, and cruised right a long just making micro adjustments. With the others, 40lbs would get painful about mid way. I am excited for this pack and the new versions of the Peregrine and Precipice to come out, because the Merlin and plain Fortress bags I also got yesterday are well above my expectations. I am very surprised that neither had gotten much attention in the past or currently (a long with Stone Glacier's Talus pack) because all of them seem to have accomplished in form last year what the newest Kifaru bag is now. The Brooks seems to be a larger zippered pocket refinement of the Peregrine/Precipice concept, and should be what a lot are looking for right now.

Intriguing pack. I'd like to try a revolution frame, looking forward to the precipice and peregrine updates. As of now they don't have a bag on their site I'd be overly excited about.

Noticed a new peregrine 3500 bag now, looks great. That and a brooks and a Merlin talon would make a nice combo for different trips.

I talked to Kevin from SO and he said this pack has an internal system that holds the meat up and close to the frame. Can anyone elaborate on this or post pics of it? Thanks.

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I talked to Kevin from SO and he said this pack has an internal system that holds the meat up and close to the frame. Can anyone elaborate on this or post pics of it? Thanks.

I don't have photos at the moment, but there is an internal load shelf (a piece of fabric) that is attached to the inside of the bag on the frame side and can wrap around the bottom of your meat and be secured to the frame side of the bag so that it snugs up the meat to the frame to keep it close to your body.

I don't have photos at the moment, but there is an internal load shelf (a piece of fabric) that is attached to the inside of the bag on the frame side and can wrap around the bottom of your meat and be secured to the frame side of the bag so that it snugs up the meat to the frame to keep it close to your body.

Ok thanks. I pulled the trigger and ordered one from Argali this evening. My first legit hunting pack. Very excited.

bounds

WKR
I know it's not meant to separate from the frame to haul meat, but can it be removed completely so that you can put another one of their bags on the frame if you wanted to? Wasn't sure about that with how the video described it.