New SG Belt

22lr

WKR
Ever feel like you may have drank too much kool-aid? I get an email saying SG has a new belt, I log into my app and buy it about 2min later... Hi, my name is 22LR and I have a SG problem...

On the plus side, I love the thin webbing straps on my pants and pack, and coupled with a potentially heavy duty plastic buckle, and this could solve most of my complaints with my current web belt. I know there are 50,000 belts out there, I've been the nerd looking for the best looking option but finally decided to try this one since it has the SG logo and that means its 12oz lighter and will help me kill 28% more B&C game than the next closest competitor... :) I'll post an update when it makes it up to me and I decide if I like the buckle or not...

OP
22lr

22lr

WKR
Order placed at 0958L and I get tracking information at 1025L... Have I mentioned how much I love SG?

stank.243

Lil-Rokslider
Order placed at 0958L and I get tracking information at 1025L... Have I mentioned how much I love SG?
Ordered one as well. Order placed at 1:00 pm, shipped at 1:25 pm, out for delivery this morning. Awesome service as always!

OP
22lr

22lr

WKR
looks like a great low profile belt that isnt going to grind into your hips under a pack belt
Only thing I can see me wanting is a bit of stretch to the belt... but thats just me. Definely not a heavy duty belt but ya, should be great for under a pack.

Its the same belt that used to come with Sitka pants.. they're pretty awesome.

Just wish I could find that buckle somewhere because its probably an 80 cent buckle and about $1 worth of webbing. Good for SG for having the source though!

OP
22lr

22lr

WKR
So my belt arrived and after wearing it for 2 entire days, I like it alot. So it's super basic, just a lightweight strip of webbing with a buckle. But, fits comfortably under my pack belt. This is definetly not a belt that you would want to support an IWB holster or anything like that, but as a belt for my hunting setup I am more than pleased and think its gonna work out great!

I got 1 too because my hunting buddy said he is tired of my ass sticking out. I also have the Kuiu which is good. The SG belt is very thin and buckle is very sturdy light weight plastic. No slip at all and don't have to re adjust. Gonna order the other colors.

By the way I am a heavy 36" jeans and the large belt left me about 2 inches of extra belt length. Usually kuiu pants are 38s.

Mine arrived yesterday and I’m very happy with my purchase. Weighs 1/10th of my Shitka belt which has a heavy metal buckle.

schmalzy

WKR
Only thing I can see me wanting is a bit of stretch to the belt... but thats just me. Definely not a heavy duty belt but ya, should be great for under a pack.

Check out groove belts. Might be a touch heavy with the buckle but definitely the most comfortable belt I’ve worn under a pack. Has that little bit of stretch you’re talking about. Works well carrying an OWB pistol while still wearing SG pack. Very pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
22lr

22lr

WKR
@22lr Does it hold its setting, or does it tend to slip over time? Thanks.
Sorry for the delay. After a few weeks of wearing it daily, you get it set and it holds its setting very well. But also super easy to adjust. All in all I really like it for its purpose.

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I have been wearing the belt for about a week and it holds it’s setting very well. I have been looking for a low profile belt that doesn’t slip over the course of the day and am satisfied so far.

I am extremely disappointed with my SG belt. For the quality of most things the produce the belt is letdown. its a thin nylon belt with a cheesy plastic buckle. It reminds me of the belt that comes built on pants and not truly made for hunting.

Last edited:

sr80

WKR
I am extremely disappointed with my SG belt. For the quality of most things the produce the belt is letdown. its a thin nylon belt with a cheesy plastic buckle. It reminds me of the belt that comes built on pants and not truly made for hunting.
i think the idea behind this belt was a really low profile belt that wouldn't cause discomfort under a pack belt.