New SG Sky Archer 6400

Who’s got the newer redesign sky archer 6400 bag from SG?

I have tried the solo + lid, and the 5900 but just couldn’t fall in love with either over my kifaru setup. I will have a hunt this year where weight will really matter and I can shed 2+ pounds on pack weight using my stone glacier frame and bag.

On the internet this bag looks about perfect for a guy that likes to haul meat in his bag vs the load shelf, but also have a way to haul your rifle or bow, spotting scope and tripod + 4-5 days of food.

The side access looks good, I like the little “foot” pocket on the right side of the pack to put tripod legs/trekking poles, or a sitpad, etc into and strap to the side, the bag looks big and roomy, but it doesn’t have a lot of excess straps and bulk.

Anyone have the bag and have anything to add as far as likes and dislikes?

OP
B
Thanks, yeah the sky 6900 vs the 6400 looks like it just eliminated that side/spotter pocket on one side and added side zip acess versus center zip.

I prefer a big bag and meat in the bag, so either one would work.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have not owned a 6400, but keep going back to the Sky Talus 6900. For me, it is the perfect set up. Every year I try something new (mostly Kifaru) but always come back to the 6900.

that talus 6900 is probably my all around favorite. I’ve been playing around with a 40/56 which is awesome as well but for a solid 5+ day pack that tali’s is where it’s at.

Thor45

FNG
I believe the talus 6900 is their best selling pack. Personally have the sky 5900 and have been pleased but looking at some smaller setups in both SG and Kifaru.

Thanks, yeah the sky 6900 vs the 6400 looks like it just eliminated that side/spotter pocket on one side and added side zip acess versus center zip.

I prefer a big bag and meat in the bag, so either one would work.

Just to clarify, the main bag itself is the same size on both bags 5700cu.in. on the sky archer 6400 the side spotter pocket is 200 cu.in and the lid is 500 so thats how it totals 6400

The Sky Talus has 5700 main bag, 350 side pocket on each side, 500 lid = 6900.

So nobody has any experience with the New Sky Archer 6400? I would like to know how easy it is to get to the internal pocket when the pack is full. For a light, minimalist pack this thing seems sweet.

Kurt used the 6400 on his back country goat hunt last year. You might want to email or PM him on here, he can tell you anything you'd like to know.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I called SG and I was told nobody in the office has used the new Sky Archer 6400. I may just get it and if I don't like it just exchange for the sky talus 6900.

Well looks like SG is starting to push the 6400 has they just released a video on the sky archer 6400. Man its 4oz lighter than the 6900 and has me intrigued.

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
Well looks like SG is starting to push the 6400 has they just released a video on the sky archer 6400. Man its 4oz lighter than the 6900 and has me intrigued.

I wish the 6900 came with the same zips/configs as the 5900. I love the U shaped opening on the 5900, but I already have a pack in that range. Looking for a larger pack that mimics the 5900 layout (if the 6900 was done that way it would be heaven). I'm not huge on the center zip of the 6900.

J86Warren

FNG
Did you end up purchasing either the talus or archer? These are the two packs I’m debating right now as well. If so, thoughts?

22lr

WKR
My wife just got me the sky archer! Love this bag! Havent had a ton of chances to get weight in it on a trail (I'm usually carrying a 28lb live toddler in our osprey), but so far I think its a very well thought out pack. The side zip is phenomenal to access gear without unpacking the whole bag. Looking forward to getting it out in the mountians!

Yes I sold my Talus 6900 to try the sky archer 6400. I haven't had it on trail yet, but love the full length side zipper. the added internal spotting scope pocket is easy to access and I will most likely use it for extra storage such as toilet paper and, rain gear etc. I usually run spotting scope under lid. For me I think I will like this better than the talus. 4 oz lighter and more functional than the original sky archer 6200.

J86Warren

FNG
Yes I sold my Talus 6900 to try the sky archer 6400. I haven't had it on trail yet, but love the full length side zipper. the added internal spotting scope pocket is easy to access and I will most likely use it for extra storage such as toilet paper and, rain gear etc. I usually run spotting scope under lid. For me I think I will like this better than the talus. 4 oz lighter and more functional than the original sky archer 6200.
Good to know. I still can’t decide between the two. Need to pull the trigger on one ASAP though!

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered the Sky Archer 6400. Excited to give it a try as I have needed a new pack for a long time. Will be interesting to see if I can still keep it relatively light. My old pack was 4,030 cu in and held all my gear just find for multi day trips.