New Shelter system, Jimmy Tarps

I suggested the guy look at becoming a sponsor if he was going to promote his products. Excuse the f outta me. I'm guess I'm ruining the forum

Pyroducksx3. Don't worry man your not ruining this forum. Not a problem, these folks need sponsors to make this thing work so we can all learn and enjoy this forum.

I suggested the guy look at becoming a sponsor if he was going to promote his products. Excuse the f outta me. I'm guess I'm ruining the forum

While I completely understand where our coming from, he's been a member for quite awhile and I've never heard of them till this thread, and even in this thread he did really no promoting that I can see. Someone asked a few questions and he answered.

Jimmy you can thank clarktar because I will be picking up at least a 6x9 in cubeb at some point.

Well guys thanks again for the support. Like I said I am just another back pack hunter like yourselves trying to lighten the load. FYI I sent an email to Ryan Avery inquiring about sponsor prices, just to be fair. Jimmy

dotman

WKR
Whatever the sponsor cost is, if you sell directly thru here to us roksliders I'm sure you'll make it up in saved eBay fees.

Whatever the sponsor cost is, if you sell directly thru here to us roksliders I'm sure you'll make it up in saved eBay fees.
a realy good point.
Jimmy, will be checking out your gear.
and P.S. I notice your from Prineville. Im from Glenwood Springs CO. your sister city. I watched the fire in 94 that killed the hot shot crew from Prineville,working to save our town.no one around here will ever forget the sacrifices made.

Last edited:
Yes we have a memorial at the park of all the Hot Shots and it tells a little about each one of them. A tragic story to have so many young folks lives cut short.

slick

WKR
Old topic, but curious Clarktar if you have any pictures of your tarp in use this summer? Or anymore feedback. If you don't see this I'll probably run you down in Bozeman to ask. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger real soon.

trk3263

WKR
Sorry dang phone didn't attach.

f31c76af5fcd00e72c81e9ac341dd03e.jpg

Granite Mountain

4670791cdb3d35a3e7ac981225e806e9.jpg

Older version which I don't think is offered anymore.

I heard a rumor that after Elk season there may be an annex for the Granite Mountain which will inclose it.

Last edited:
How hard is it to get a Photobucket acct and click the IMG link to imbed a pic? Apparently it's too difficult for some which is a pity cuz I really wanted to see the set-up.

trk3263

WKR
Wow WheresBruce your on a roll today. Actually it was in my photostream on my phone and tapatalk didn't attach it. I had to download it to my phone and redo it.

Last edited:

bhylton

WKR
Wow WheresBruce your on a roll today. Actually it was in my photostream on my phone and tapatalk didn't attach it. I had to download it to my phone and redo it.

Give him a break, he's perfect ya know?..

trk3263

WKR
Ehh sounds like he had a bad day and stressed out about his frame stuff. We all have them so I thought I would give him a little crap back. He is good people and has given me good info in the past.

OP
Clarktar

Clarktar

WKR
Old topic, but curious Clarktar if you have any pictures of your tarp in use this summer? Or anymore feedback. If you don't see this I'll probably run you down in Bozeman to ask. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger real soon.
Did not get to use it this summer or spring. But, should be able to use it during the next two weeks. I leave Friday for my hunt, but you are welcome to check it out before then....I could bring it to the office..

jm1607

WKR
I heard a rumor that after Elk season there may be an annex for the Granite Mountain which will inclose it.

That would be nice! that's my only issue with it, would be tough to setup in bad weather so you don't get wet I would think

trk3263

WKR
It is pretty much like any tarp setup for bad weather. You drop the sides down as low as you can and hunker down. Unless the rain or snow is truly going sideways then you not going to get wet.
I was in a Paratarp during a heavy rain and hail storm in Hells Canyon and had a blast never got wet. When I pitched my Paratarp I didn't pitch it to the ground because I like more room and an open feel. I will look for some pics I took during the storm and post them.
The key with a tarp is not to pitch the open end into the wind.

slick

WKR
Ordered one today. Brown colored Granite Mtn & a borah bivy to go along with it. EE quilt will be the next PayPal purchase. Sleep system should weigh right around 3.5lbs.