New Shelter system, Jimmy Tarps

slick

WKR
So, what are the dimensions on these guys?

If I remember right it's 9 ft along the side opposite of the "open" end. 6 feet to the right (as you look at the open end) and 8ft to the left. 4 stakes and a trekking pole.

trk3263

WKR
Yes stove jack will be an option. I saw the prototype and it is pretty slick. Gobbler (Jimmy) has been testing it for the last week and I head out with him tomorrow for two weeks in the BC so I will get to see it in the field. I am sure he will have a bunch of pics when he gets back at the end of season.

Hey guys just noticed the post. The granite Mountain is around 9'-5 long 8' wide at the pole end and 6' at the foot end. Its an offset center pole design. The weight is 9.5 ounces, And yes we have just came out with a vestibule that attaches with three bar sliders and is removable. The vestibule adds about 2.5 ounces of weight or 3 ounces with a stove jack installed. Right now if you visit the Jimmy Tarps facebook page there are plenty of pictures and videos of the Granite Mountain and vestibule.

colonel00

WKR
I took a quick look at the facebook page but I didn't see one with the vestibule w/ stove jack. Just curious where you would install the stove jack with the zipper in the middle that goes all the way to the top and what appear to be fairly vertical wall(s). If you install it on one side of the zipper or the other, how is it trying to enter the tent with the stove there and when upzipped, does the stove pipe tend to move around a bit until the vestibule is zipped back up?

I guess to clarify, when folks send us back their granite mountains for retrofit for the vestibule. We have tabs that need to be added to fit the 3 bar sliders. Colone100 you are right,installing the stove jack in the vestibule isn't the best spot, while it would work it could be a bad scenario at best. So while we have the persons granite back for vestibule retrofit we install the stove jack on either the right or left side A few inches below the top of the ridge.

First off the weight of the 6x9 tarp is around 7.5 ounces. As far as the stove Jack, I use the same silicone stove jack material as most manufactures, but my stove jack boot dimensions are 5"x5". I've found that with most 2.5"-3" stove pipes this works fine as long as the user pays attention to angle that the pipe exits the ridge. Meaning you want a slight angle to keep the stove stack or pipe away from the ridge or stove jack cover. The exact weight on a cut 5x5 piece of silonized stove jack material is .5 ounces.

Mike7

WKR
Jimmy,

Would you be willing to add your stove jack to other silnylon shelters once you get it all tested (i.e one of my floorless shelters)?

Thanks, Mike