New shelter

Rheron

FNG
Wife wants to elk hunt with me this year but refuses to sleep in my floorless shelter. Looking for a true 2p 3 season tent. Ideally it would be about 3-4lbs, sleep both of us ( I use a wide long pad. I’m 6’4”) and cost 3-400$. What are you guys using that is close to filling my needs?

MudFlood

FNG
Agreed with Ram - Durston X-Mid 2p is an awesome 3 season tent and for $300 you'll be hard pressed to find a better lightweight tent (just over 2 lbs). You might check out the X-Mid Solid as well -- if you're wife is used to sleeping in a more "traditional" tent the Solid has a little better interior (solid vs. mesh fabric, hence the name) and better wind resistance.

I just bought the X-Mid solid and used it last weekend for the first time. Pitching it is easy, and I’m happy with the packed size and weight.
I was camping in a pretty rocky area and for a footprint, used a piece of house wrap that I had for my Redcliff. We had some rain with light wind and everything worked as expected. So far, I’m happy with it.

Attachments

• IMG_3311.jpeg
    IMG_3311.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 33

MT_Wyatt

WKR
For that price range I think you’ll be super hard pressed to beat the x-mids. Lots of space and storage, dual doors, good height, and strong. They take a larger footprint to set, but they are extremely livable as a result.

If you like the mid/tipi style I think the Argali options with floored inserts would also be an option.

Tarptent silnylon 2p models may be good to take a look at as well, they have a lot of options depending on what you’re looking for. I think these are super reasonable: https://www.tarptent.com/product/double-rainbow/

BDRam16

WKR
If you already have a floorless, why not just run a 2p nest with a floor. Then you can share the weight and only add around 1.5lbs to a system you already know. Debating on the nest for my Argali for the exact same reason.