New sight for VXR

Creed28

FNG
Looking at hha tetra max or trophy ridge react h5, curious what u guys and gals think on these sights. I’m primarily a stand hunter for whitetail here in Michigan, but looking to do some adventures out west for elk. My set up now is a Mathews creed xs with a trophy ridge 5 pin that I practice out to 60yds, but don’t plan on shooting at whitetail that far. I’ll shoot at 40yds though. Is sixty ok for out west, or should go with a single pin an get some more distance for elk. Have new bow in shop getting put together, had to order the sights, before they come in I’m trying to make a decision on which one to put on bow. Thanks for reading, can’t wait to read the responses!

3 or 5 pin slider sights are really nice for both worlds. You can have your 20-60 pins set and then dial the yardage for anything longer. I think you open a lot of opportunities to be able to shoot 60 yards at western game but you should then practice at longer distances like 80 + to challenge yourself and learn your mistakes and flaws in shooting. I would go with a spot Hogg, great service and very well built.

Multi pin slider would fit the bill and you could stay with 5 pins as that is what you are use to.

Montana Black Gold is my preference of brand. You can custom order them from S&S archery and get a bit of a discount by using ‘ROKSLIDE’ as the coupon code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zac

Rob5589

WKR
I have two TR sights and find them to be very solid. Next go round I am looking at a multi pin slider. Just seems very versatile.

A slider with multiple pins? Geeze!
Too much BS for me.

Whitetails out to 40 yds needs none of that.
Try this... a single pin slider set at 25yds, and leave it there, for zero to 40ds.
Inside of 20yds aim just below heart, outside 30yds aim just above heart.

You can always adjust slider if you have time, but in whitetail world that's usually not the case.

A slider with multiple pins? Geeze!
Too much BS for me.

Whitetails out to 40 yds needs none of that.
Try this... a single pin slider set at 25yds, and leave it there, for zero to 40ds.
Inside of 20yds aim just below heart, outside 30yds aim just above heart.

You can always adjust slider if you have time, but in whitetail world that's usually not the case.

I haven't ever dialed a slider in a hunting situation. But using a 5 pin with the first pin at 30 gets me to 70. Then I can float the bottom pin and practice out to 110-150 yards with my hunting setup. Just make sure you return to zero.

It's like hunting with a rifle, practice and dial out to 1k or further, learn your equipment at distance. Gives you confidence in those shots that are 1/3 the distance you have practiced at.

To the op sights are pretty personal. I really like the spot Hogg sights, some guys like mbg. Lots of other options out there. Trophy ridge are good as well. Pick what kind of options you want, might need to shoot a few to even figure that part out.

Zac

WKR
Most important for out west is a 3rd Axis. Iike the idea MBG has with their dual indicator. However you can't go wrong with Spot Hogg, Truball, or the Garmin Xero.

Need to double-check the legality with the Garmin sights, not legal everywhere.

The 3rd axis is important, something I forget about actually. All my sights have it, I tend to think of that as standard equipment but it's actually far from that.