New Sight

I am looking for a new sight for my Carbon Defiant 34. I use this bow for both hunting in the East for whitetails and turkeys and in the West for backcountry elk and mule deer. I currently have the CBE Tek Hybrid 5 Pin sight and loved it until things started to go south. The housing now has some play and will rotate up and down. So everytime I shoot, I have to remember to adjust it to make sure it is in the sighted position. After a recommendation from my local bow shop, I tried to thread a nut onto the horizontal adjuster to eliminate some of the play. It helped a little, but not enough.

Does any one have any recommendations on which sight to get to replace the current one? I like having the 5 Pin with the ability to have a floater for the bottom pin. I am considering the Fast Eddie from Spot-Hogg, Axcel AccuHunter or even going back to CBE with the Engage Hybrid.

Any input is appreciated!

I am looking for a new sight for my Carbon Defiant 34. I use this bow for both hunting in the East for whitetails and turkeys and in the West for backcountry elk and mule deer. I currently have the CBE Tek Hybrid 5 Pin sight and loved it until things started to go south. The housing now has some play and will rotate up and down. So everytime I shoot, I have to remember to adjust it to make sure it is in the sighted position. After a recommendation from my local bow shop, I tried to thread a nut onto the horizontal adjuster to eliminate some of the play. It helped a little, but not enough.

Does any one have any recommendations on which sight to get to replace the current one? I like having the 5 Pin with the ability to have a floater for the bottom pin. I am considering the Fast Eddie from Spot-Hogg, Axcel AccuHunter or even going back to CBE with the Engage Hybrid.

Any input is appreciated!
I have been shooting the spot Hogg Tommy Hogg for 4-5 years and it’s probably hard to beat, very durable and versatile, you can buy it as a 5 pin a d remove pins if you want. Plus customer service from them is great.

I know two guys having issues with the cbe, and I know exactly two guys using cbe sights.

Either of the other two would work well for you.

I like spot hogg, one of the guys who was having issues with his cbe purchased the axcel a few days ago, it's a pretty solid sight as well. Take your pick, either should serve you well.

4ester

WKR
If you don’t mind the weight, the spot Hogg sights are the toughest out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcm2

WKR
Look at Spot Hogg, Montana Black Gold, and Sword among others.

CB4

WKR
A couple years ago I had an issue with a tek hybrid as well and contacted CBE about it. They wanted to charge me close to $100 in shipping and parts to fix my sight. I told them to pound sand. Since I have had a MBG and Spot Hogg. You can't go wrong with either.

Reactions: Zac

Bowhuntone

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using an Option 6 for the last 4 years with no issues. 5 pin fixed plus an adjustable pin

TripleJ

WKR
I love my Option archery sight. I have 4 fixed and the 5th pin is a floater.

WCB

WKR
I'd recommend looking at Montana Black Gold sights....I have 3 of them and about know a lot of guy with them and zero complaints.

Also, a couple years ago had mishap and pretty much destroyed my pins and the fiber optic housing. Set my sight in and had it back within 2 weeks (including outgoing and incoming shipping time) no charge.

I use an Option 8s with 4 fixed and 1 movable pin. I chose Option for their unique ability to switch from single pin to multi-pin mode. If I had to choose another brand, it would be Black Gold.

Titan_Bow

WKR
I’ve got a Montana Black Gold 5 pin that’s going on season number 6 on its second bow and never had any issues whatsoever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ZDR
Spot Hogg if you are are looking for overbuilt durability, Black Gold in any other situation. Cant really go wrong either way. I just prefer the brightness of BGs pins and the short ML3 base. 2 of my 3 BG sights are custom 5 pin Mountain Lites with widowmaker heads - the other is a pure adrenaline with a 4" wing truss that Im debating on converting to the mountain lite ML3 base as well. Id go with a Mountain Lite for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZDR
One more vote for Spot Hogg. I have a Hogg It that’s going into it’s 5th or 6th season and my brother runs a Tommy Hogg that he got about the same time, but was already old when he got it. Bombproof. And neither of us are as nice to our gear as we probably ought to be.

OP
SpartanKnight
Awesome. Thanks for the recommendations! I will take a look at all of them and check back to let you know what I go with.