New Sitka clothes help

clint6760

FNG
Hey everyone. New western hunter who is trying to update my clothes and I get a discount on Sitka so that’s what I’m looking for. I already have a core lightweight and heavyweight hoody. I have a Eddie Bauer puffy that is pretty warm. I have lightweight pants covered and merino layers too.

I’m looking at timberline pants, Jetstream jacket, or new kelvin jacket. I think I have archery elk clothes covered but will be hunting all seasons in the future. Thanks.

KineKilla

WKR
I love my Timberline pants and Apex pants. I have found that the knee pads are a must have item. Jetstream jackets are great in cool weather with a long sleeve underneath and work well as an outer layer if you size up so it will not overly compress your puffy if you use your puffy as the insulation layer.

Early season I roll with the Core Lightweight Hoody, Lightweight bottoms (sometimes don't need these), and my Apex pants. Cool enough and light enough. Almost too cool on some pre-sunrise mornings so I also keep my Kelvin Lite Hoody around.

Rifle season I wear the same base layers, Timberlines, add in the heavyweight hoody or other warm layer, top it with a sweater (or nothing) then my KL Hoody and the Jetstream if it's windy. This combo will work for most situations and it's not hard to drop the hoody or Jetstream if it gets warm.

JB64

Lil-Rokslider
The Apex Hoody and Pants are my favorite pieces Sitka makes. I wear them in Archery Early to Mid season and Spring Turkey. Excellent product.

406unltd

WKR
My Sitka list is as follows

early season -sub alp pattern
MNT pant
Core lw
Core heavyweight
Kelvin active hoody

mid season/late bow early rifle-sub alp pattern
Timberline pant
Kelvin lite hoody
Kryptek cronos hoody- blaze
These get added into system and I take out the mnt pant and core heavyweight

late rifle season- Open Country pattern
Timberline pant
Traverse zip t
Kelvin lite down jacket
I add these three here and take out the kelvin lite hoody in SA. Select pieces from earlier will be used underneath depending on what the weather is like.

So basically if I only ran one pattern I’d have about 8 pieces total to get me through all of hunting season here in montana. Until late riverbottom archery in dec/Jan. There is a strong chance I sleep on the couch at some point here because I’m likely going to be investing in fanatic bib/ fanatic vest combo this year for that. I’ve froze my ass off the last couple years.