New sitka dewpoint or kuiu kutana storm shell

Does anyone have any real world comparisons on these two? I an looking at adding a packable set of raingear to my gear. I already have the sitka stormfront pants and jacket for all day rain. I thought I was going the kutana route till I saw the new sitka dewpoint. I am only interested in solid color. I tried the first lite boundary stormtight twice and shredded both set. I would say durability is a concern with the dew point. However the kutana review says it is durable but does not breathe well.

Last edited:
Katana is best for durablity
Dew point is more packable

which is more important to you?

look at stone glacier also. It’s pretty durable and packable.

Does anyone have any real world comparisons on these two? I an looking at adding a packable set of raingear to my gear. I already have the sitka stormfront pants and jacket for all day rain. I thought I was going the kutana route till I saw the new sitka dewpoint. I am only interested in solid color. I tried the first lite boundary stormtight twice and shredded both set. I would say durability is a concern with the dew point. However the kutana review says it is durable but does not breathe well.
The Sitka dew point is a joke of a rain shell. I would not waste any money on it. It’s paper thin and soaked through on a very light rain. Being a hunting guide in central Montana for the last 7 years I have found the kuiu stuff has held up the best. I have used almost every brand and keep going back to kuiu. Stone glacier has come out with some new rain gear but the price point isn’t there for me when I know kuiu has held up. I’ve been using the katana storm shell set and it’s been great.