New Sitka Gaiters

Heard Snyder talking about Sitka coming out with "something awesome in the gaiter department that he couldnt talk about." Have any of you heard anything? I also heard that Stone Glacier was going to be coming out with some? Gaiters is one area where I need to upgrade. I've used FL for a long time and they have been so so. Looking at Kuiu and OR as well

I bet the corona thingy has pushed back a bunch of product announcements and likely shipment dates. I wonder what the elk and deer will think if I am wearing last years duds.

Trial153

WKR
Not at all unhappy with the current version, not sure what can be improved on them.

OP
Not at all unhappy with the current version, not sure what can be improved on them.

What "version" are you using? They have a few different gaiters. I have chicken legs and need the buckle at the top of the gaiter as a lot of gaiters in the past tend to slide down my legs and make a big pile. The stormfront has these it looks like the thunderhead does not. I use them primarily for sept elk and while the season doesnt typically require coverage in "extreme" conditions, keeping a lot of the dew off my legs in high grasses/brush is really nice in keeping my legs dry.

Trial153

WKR
What "version" are you using? They have a few different gaiters. I have chicken legs and need the buckle at the top of the gaiter as a lot of gaiters in the past tend to slide down my legs and make a big pile. The stormfront has these it looks like the thunderhead does not. I use them primarily for sept elk and while the season doesnt typically require coverage in "extreme" conditions, keeping a lot of the dew off my legs in high grasses/brush is really nice in keeping my legs dry.

I have the newest Stormfronts, the tops snug down with a cord. The velcro in the front stays secure and the bottom strap says put. They been robust and water prooff. I have use both OR and kennatrek for comparison and i like them better then both.

Kotaman

WKR
I have the newest Stormfronts, the tops snug down with a cord. The velcro in the front stays secure and the bottom strap says put. They been robust and water prooff. I have use both OR and kennatrek for comparison and i like them better then both.

I believe the “newest” Stormfront have a strap, not a cord. The “newest” version is also a little longer. I actually prefer the new/new Stormfronts with the strap to the ‘18 version.

bpurtz

WKR
My zipper front Stormfront gaiters were getting pretty worn so I bought some of the new velcro/top strap Stormfront version. :censored: Hope they go back to the zipper version...

slowelk

WKR
I have seen the SG gaiters in person, but not worn them. They look and feel similar to the OR crocs. I’m sure they are subtle differences and the quality is higher, but hard to say without putting them through the ringer.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had the SKRE gaiters and was not a fan, really really thin material. I’ll stick with my kuiu and Sitka gaiters.
Did they tear or what? Just curious because even though they are thin, the bottoms are just as stout as anything out there. I've only gotten two small holes in the uppers after a couple years of hard use. I've used the kuiu and still have a pair of the stika boot height ones. They have kept my pants dry.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Spoonman

WKR
Did they tear or what? Just curious because even though they are thin, the bottoms are just as stout as anything out there. I've only gotten two small holes in the uppers after a couple years of hard use. I've used the kuiu and still have a pair of the stika boot height ones. They have kept my pants dry.

So I live up in Washington and hunt the Olympic peninsula, arguably the wettest place on earth! They didn’t keep my lower leg dry like the kuiu gaiters do. My kuiu stay up and keep me dry no matter what and I can’t say the same for the SKRE gaiters.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I live up in Washington and hunt the Olympic peninsula, arguably the wettest place on earth! They didn’t keep my lower leg dry like the kuiu gaiters do. My kuiu stay up and keep me dry no matter what and I can’t say the same for the SKRE gaiters.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I know nothing worse than when something doesn't work like you hoped when your in the field.