New SKRE Offerings Coming Soon

skregear

Lil-Rokslider
NEW GEAR!!!!!!!

Hey Roksliders, I'm Happy to report that we have a few new items set to release very soon.

New Technical Pant. This pant is geared toward later season hunts with a ton of features. Available this fall!!

300 GSM Merino Bottom: The Kaniti 300 GSM Merino Hoodie has been a favorite with our pro staff and customers alike. The 300 GSM Kaniti Bottom will be available this fall. Available this Fall!!!

New Products we are currently developing. Keep in mind we don't have an official release date on these items but they are in the works.

-Ultralite Micro Grid-fleece Full Zip Hoodie. If you hunt early in the back country where weight is always a consideration your going to love this piece.

-Gloves: Working on a few new glove offerings for early and late season application.

-Several Merino wool offerings: In case you didn't already notice, we are Merino wool Aficionados and have several new offerings in the works including our new Core-Spun Merino Series.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watching this thread very closely! Can't wait for the announcement. I feel that this bears repeating here -- SKRE Gear mernio wool is the finest grade available offered in the market.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
skregear

skregear

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks realunlucky. Our Merino offerings are top shelf.

Best, Mike

Elite

WKR
Watching this thread very closely! Can't wait for the announcement. I feel that this bears repeating here -- SKRE Gear mernio wool is the finest grade available offered in the market.

Do you know which type of merino wool it is or where is it imported from? I am wondering how well holds it structure or if it will sag out over time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you know which type of merino wool it is or where is it imported from? I am wondering how well holds it structure or if it will sag out over time

I don't know anything about the sheep that gave up thier wool to make these pieces sorry. The Kaibab are 17.5 microns at 170 gsm 100% mernio wool midlayer, the Kanati is 19.5 microns and a 300 gsm hoody blended with 5% spandex. Mike said they are coming out with a core spun mernio wool here shortly which should be awesome. All the benefits of mernio along with added durability.

Elite

WKR
I don't know anything about the sheep that gave up thier wool to make these pieces sorry. The Kaibab are 17.5 microns at 170 gsm 100% mernio wool midlayer, the Kanati is 19.5 microns and a 300 gsm hoody blended with 5% spandex. Mike said they are coming out with a core spun mernio wool here shortly which should be awesome. All the benefits of mernio along with added durability.

Thanks for the reply, So is there any durability issues with the 100% merino wool blend? I see KUIU also uses a nylon/spandex mixture. Will the pure merino wool sag after hard use of backpacking and hiking?

OP
skregear

skregear

Lil-Rokslider
Elite

SKRE imports all their Merino out of Australia

Merino Wool blends have their strengths. Our new Core-Spun Merino has a synthetic core with superfine merino spun around it. It's 80% Merino but with added strength to the core fiber.

100% Merino will be a tad bit softer, with a little less "shape memory" than the core-spun blend, however keep in mind a merino wool fiber can be, bent and twisted 20,000-30,000 times with out compromising it's original shape.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the reply, So is there any durability issues with the 100% merino wool blend? I see KUIU also uses a nylon/spandex mixture. Will the pure merino wool sag after hard use of backpacking and hiking?

I haven't had any snags in either my Kaibab or Kanati after over a year of hard use. I will definitely be checking into the new spun core when they release it though. All the benefits of mernio with increased durability sounds like pure awesomeness.

dchat13

FNG
Love my current Skre gear just wondering if you guys are gonna offer any solid colors in your apparel in the future?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you offer zip-off bottom base layers...I would be all in.
I tried to sell SKRE on this idea but got a firm not going to happen.

I wonder how many pairs that other company sells seeing how thier the only one offering that choice?

blackdog of vt

Lil-Rokslider
I really wish they offered a down ptarmigan zip off puffy pant. I cant get why companies seem to be that game. Maybe it's just me and my cold ass, but I think there's a market there.

bmf0713

WKR
I tried to sell SKRE on this idea but got a firm not going to happen.

I wonder how many pairs that other company sells seeing how thier the only one offering that choice?

Yeah. I have a pair from the other company and like the idea of them. But they don’t fit right. Just like everything else I’ve tried from that company. If SKRE came out with some I’d buy em.

sasquatch

WKR
I would really love to see a light weight 140-150 merino LS crew shirt, not a 1/4 zip. some reason I like the regular crew vs 1/4 zip