New slate call/mouth turkey

Looking to purchase a new pot call. Slate call/glass

What do you guy recommend?? What’s everyone using these days.

Also what mouth diaphragm do you guys like ? Thanks

Mosby

WKR
MacksPW has 25% off some turkey calls right now including Woodhaven and Hank's fwiw.

Zdub02

WKR
I've had good luck some zink calls - both mouth and slate. I have the wicked zeries slate, the birds really love that particular call.

I use the Crystal Mistress from Dave Halloran and the orange Raspy III mouth call from Mountain Hollow game calls. I have taken a lot of birds over the years with these.

sveltri

WKR
I had good luck with Zink mouth calls in the past, but have gone to Phelps the last couple years. David Halloran makes excellent calls and I have also been using a Pollard's Elite glass call that is phenomenal.

dtrkyman

WKR
Halloran for a pot call, hard to beat unless you get a straight up hand made custom!

Mouth calls I like Woodhaven, and the primos black and blue ghost cut rocks! But mouth calls are very specific to the individual, amount and style of reeds, tension on the reeds and frames all come into play.

Best bet with mouth calls is buy a bunch and see what works.

OP
F
Just ordered the woodhaven 3 pack of mouth calls from Mack’s. I’ll give those a shot.

Now a friction call

dtrkyman

WKR
The Crystal Mistress is legit! I had the pleasure of having David in camp several years back. Asked him about a good striker for my old double glass he made, showed him the call and he was surprised to see it was one of his originals.

Dude walked over to his truck and handed me a Crystal Mistress straight outta his vest! Been carrying it ever since and it has been the demise of many birds! Couple strikers to boot.

Quality calls and quality dude, what more could you want?

OP
F
The Crystal Mistress is legit! I had the pleasure of having David in camp several years back. Asked him about a good striker for my old double glass he made, showed him the call and he was surprised to see it was one of his originals.

Dude walked over to his truck and handed me a Crystal Mistress straight outta his vest! Been carrying it ever since and it has been the demise of many birds! Couple strikers to boot.

Quality calls and quality dude, what more could you want?
looks like it comes with two strikers.. any one the works best with it?

dtrkyman

WKR
I have the diamond wood, It has some serious pop, great for aggressive stuff, can call softly but it is a bit challenging. I do not have the hickory so can't comment on it.

I use a black locust and Ironwood with it as well, they are made by Matt Mclain though.