New SO large stove advise

Skull10

WKR
I have a new Seek Outside large stove coming my way. Any advice to setting it up and the initial burn in that anyone can share?

PNWGATOR

WKR
Wear gloves and have an extra set of hands to help you roll the stove pipe. Take your time and go slow so you don’t lacerate yourself or the help and so you don’t kink the material inadvertently.

Depending on how tall the pipe is, you may need to support it somehow if you set the stove up freestanding and not through a jack. Think about this ahead of time, otherwise things can get a bit sporty.

Dirtydan

Lil-Rokslider
Don't over tighten the bolts. Very easy to warp when it heats up. It may not have been necessary but I wiped mine down with alcohol after assembling and before burning in. That way I don't have any smudges or fingerprints permanently etched into the titanium.

KHntr

Lil-Rokslider
If you have a piece of pvc pipe kicking around that makes it way easier to roll the stove pipe up the first time.

And definitely find something to support the pipe for the burn in if you aren’t setting up the tent to do it in.

mikkel318

Lil-Rokslider
I used a wire coat hanger wrapped around my outdoor clothesline pole to support the pipe. Two people with gloves are ideal.

Get a good idea of the damper connection ahead of time too. I made the mistake of having the pipe all rolled up and then realized I was trying to fit the pipe inside the damper vs. outside.