New speed loader

This new speed loader is getting a lot of press on Muzzy sites and I just ordered a set (1 for me and 1 for my brother). Solves the problem of spilling powder in a stiff wind or when you are shaking from buck fever when you just shot a big-un!

I even made the mistake of waiting too long to order. Their website said regular mail only. Contacted them and they added a priority mail option! Amazing service for these days. Should be here by the time we leave for Colorado.

Looks like they are a little bulky, but you only need one plus a few extra tubes of powder. Size shouldn’t be an issue.

OP
txhunter581
No one else has any thoughts on this?

Not cheap but I feel it doesn’t have any real competition for what it can do. I was going to order more of what I have and kept thinking: there has to be something better. With a little off for buying 2 (my Bro needed one too) and an an extra pack of powder tubes, the shipping is free. Unless you wait until the last minute…

Been using the 4-in-1 speed loaders but it has some little cavities at the bottom where grains of powder get stuck. Especially BH 209
Edit

Llama32

WKR
Classified Approved
This new speed loader is getting a lot of press on Muzzy sites and I just ordered a set (1 for me and 1 for my brother). Solves the problem of spilling powder in a stiff wind or when you are shaking from buck fever when you just shot a big-un!

I even made the mistake of waiting too long to order. Their website said regular mail only. Contacted them and they added a priority mail option! Amazing service for these days. Should be here by the time we leave for Colorado.

Looks like they are a little bulky, but you only need one plus a few extra tubes of powder. Size shouldn’t be an issue.
I don't know how easy this thing is to run looks pretty simple but I just ordered two of them I don't muzzle her a whole lot but it is a pain to always get powder put in

Very easy to use, well-designed and made. I just got one and I’ve been testing it for a few days now.

muddydogs

WKR
While I like the powder dispenser on this loader I will stick with the TC 4 n 1 Quickshot as I like being able to seat the bullet or ball with it. Now if they integrated a 209 primer holder into the tube and used a powder tube with a square bottom instead of the rounded bottom tubes I might be more interested. A tube like the Lane's Tube off Ebay with a square bottom and threaded top would be a way better option, the tube stands on it's own when filling it and being able to thread it into the loader would help prevent powder spills.

While I like the powder dispenser on this loader I will stick with the TC 4 n 1 Quickshot as I like being able to seat the bullet or ball with it. Now if they integrated a 209 primer holder into the tube and used a powder tube with a square bottom instead of the rounded bottom tubes I might be more interested. A tube like the Lane's Tube off Ebay with a square bottom and threaded top would be a way better option, the tube stands on it's own when filling it and being able to thread it into the loader would help prevent powder spills.
I put the 209 in with the bullet and dump them out together - faster than opening a separate compartment. Haven’t seen the need for a short starter in years for the bullets I use. And, the tubes on this loader are crazy tight - I don’t see any chance of them coming out accidentally. I don’t disagree with the square bottom idea but I stand the tubes in an ammo storage box anyway when filling.

Rich M

WKR
Putting powder in is not rocket science - it looks like a well thought out contraption. And if someone has the shakes, this would certainly be to their advantage.

Does it have a primer/cap holder? How about an integrated bullet starter.

What i saw in the video - you get the powder in there and bullet on top - now you gotta fish around for a bullet starter, then use the push rod. If the gun shoots 209 primers, you were already in there removing the hot one and now need to replace it.

Speed loader? No.

Neat idea, revise it with a sealed primer area/holder and bullet seater and it'll be in my pocket. The feed tube could be metal and have a flare for starting the bullet. Not sure where to stick the primer.

I have the double sided speed tubes - powder in one side, bullet and primer in the other. Bullet starter in pocket and ram rod on gun. Lotta stuff to mess with if you are trying to reload while watching a critter do the flops or go staggering off in the woods. Removing the bullet starter step out of this process would be a big deal and make life a lot easier.

Putting powder in is not rocket science - it looks like a well thought out contraption. And if someone has the shakes, this would certainly be to their advantage.

Does it have a primer/cap holder? How about an integrated bullet starter.

What i saw in the video - you get the powder in there and bullet on top - now you gotta fish around for a bullet starter, then use the push rod. If the gun shoots 209 primers, you were already in there removing the hot one and now need to replace it.

Speed loader? No.

Neat idea, revise it with a sealed primer area/holder and bullet seater and it'll be in my pocket. The feed tube could be metal and have a flare for starting the bullet. Not sure where to stick the primer.

I have the double sided speed tubes - powder in one side, bullet and primer in the other. Bullet starter in pocket and ram rod on gun. Lotta stuff to mess with if you are trying to reload while watching a critter do the flops or go staggering off in the woods. Removing the bullet starter step out of this process would be a big deal and make life a lot easier.
I’ve loaded lots of different muzzys over the past 35 years and haven’t needed/used a short starter in probably 15. So not something I miss. Just slows you down to do it that way. Start the bullet with your fingers and use the ramrod to seat it. Simple. Where to store a 209? With the bullet. Thats the fastest/easiest way I’ve found.

Rich M

WKR
I’ve loaded lots of different muzzys over the past 35 years and haven’t needed/used a short starter in probably 15. So not something I miss. Just slows you down to do it that way. Start the bullet with your fingers and use the ramrod to seat it. Simple. Where to store a 209? With the bullet. Thats the fastest/easiest way I’ve found.
Thats where i been keeping it.

Aint no wsy i could load my .58 eithout a starter. Patch and ball or maxi.

The Optima is an easier load but still needs a kick start for the sabot to engage the rifling.

I have em but only get s short season so haven’tvtried to mix stuff up. Looking to get 200 yds out of optima this fall.

An update on this loader. After hiking about 30 miles with it in my pocket in CO last weekend, I did notice considerable static build up. So I would recommend the dryer sheet or graphite trick to alleviate that before filling.

Firehawk

WKR
I just bought two two packs. One set for my CVA and one set for my Knight. Ill be testing them tomorrow at the range. Hunt starts in 11 days....but who is counting anyway. :D

CMF

WKR
Any other new thoughts on this?
I'm thinking about ordering. I have a brake and this would eliminate the funnel which is nice.
An update on this loader. After hiking about 30 miles with it in my pocket in CO last weekend, I did notice considerable static build up. So I would recommend the dryer sheet or graphite trick to alleviate that before filling.
Can you elaborate on the static buildup, and dryer sheet graphite trick? Not something I've run into yet.