New Springfield Waypoint Rifle.

I'm hoping their SS barrels are just a little bigger than a Bartlein #3. The 20" 6CM looks pretty interesting for me, but only if there's enough meat to properly index a suppressor. An MSRP of $1,700, might be +/- $1,400 on the shelf.....might be a handy little truck gun.

That's the exact model I was thinking would be nice. Would be handy truck, coyote, MN whitetail gun with a can on it.

If has 1/2x28 threads you could index the suppressor just fine, no?

I’m a Springfield fan. I own two pistols, 911 .380 and XDM 10mm OSP, and a rifle, AR-15 Saint Edge. All three were new model offerings when I bought them. Build quality and function on all are very high. The one time I had to use their customer service they were great to deal with and they fixed the issue first try and we’re quick to get it done.

This looks like a great rifle and I trust Springfields new models and their CS if there is an issue. I’m in the market but unfortunately I’m a lefty and only looking for left hand actions.

Last edited:

khuber84

WKR
Anyone shot one yet?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
They're just now making production runs. I believe there are a few going out to magazine writers for publicity. But in the free world, nothings really out there yet.

Barrel: BSF carbon sleeved barrel. I've never used a BSF and I'm curious to hear how they shoot from these rifles. I'd be more inclined to jump in blindly if they had gone with a Proof or Bartlein carbon wrapped barrel, even if the price went up.

Did anyone look to see what contour they are using on the SS versions?

Stock: This will be one of the few factory rifles with a stock that isn't total throw away garbage.

Trigger: decent choice going with Triggertech

Action: Just another R700 clone. Going with 6-48 base screws was stupid, but at least they added recoil pins. Integral recoil lug is good, side bolt release looks to be above stock line, nitriding bolt should be good, cerakoting action is 'meh'.

MSRP of adjustable comb & carbon barrel is $2399, so I'd guess that retail will be in the $1,950(ish) range. If the barrels aren't hit and miss, it might be a decent option for the sub $2,000 price point.
What rifle would you recommend for the price of the stainless model?

Mschroeder40

Lil-Rokslider
I would look at Christensen mpr. For me it's a difficult choice between the mpr or the 2020

Wags

WKR
I’m a Springfield fan. I own two pistols, 911 .380 and XDM 10mm OSP, and a rifle, AR-15 Saint Edge. All three were new model offerings when I bought them. Build quality and function on all are very high. The one time I had to use their customer service they were great to deal with and they fixed the issue first try and we’re quick to get it done.

This looks like a great rifle and I trust Springfields new models and their CS if there is an issue. I’m in the market but unfortunately I’m a lefty and only looking for left hand actions.

Tikka if you want a factory rifle. IMO it's the best barrel/action/trigger on the market for us Lefties.

madx250

FNG
But why promote a rifle a rifle that you cant get for over a year and counting??.. .. i didnt want to wait and went with a company that actually delivers their product....im glad i didnt wait as my Ridgeline has met or or surpassed my expextations in quality and accuracy thus far.

TheTone

WKR
My local dealer has sold 4. I looked at one, really liked it especially at the price. They said they have been staying on the rack for less than a day on average.

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not sure what you're asking. I don't have a Waypoint, but I'm mildly interested in the 20" 6CM. Waiting to see the actual barrel contour and to see if the factory barrels are any good.

If you're asking for alternatives at the +/-$1,700 price point, I think I'd go with a Mack Bros SS Evo, bartlein SS, triggertech primary, & KRG Bravo (+/-$1,800).
And the Sako S20

joelbiltz

WKR
Guys, I got my hands on a Waypoint 6.5 Creedmore. I am doing a review of it and will continue through this falls hunting season. Please join the sticky thread up top in this forum and ask questions if you have any. Thanks.