New stick

time killer

Lil-Rokslider
I had my old .270 re barreled, new (old KS) stock, and full on cerakote job in Vias. Think it came out pretty nice.
d642bbada20159519806ec64c6723ee9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
time killer

time killer

Lil-Rokslider
7.5 lbs.
Looking for recommendations on lightweight glass up to 14 power. Probably won't be shooting over 500 with this one.

That really looks sick. Ive been wanting to get my EDC Sig p938 cerakoted to keep rust at bay from my salty sweating ass. So i guess they can cerakote the same prints that are normally "dipped"?

OP
time killer

time killer

Lil-Rokslider
Yes sir. It takes 5 different "shoots" and curing processes to do a pattern like this. So takes a little more time and labor. I think it's way better than dipping in my opinion though. You won't regret it.

Great looking rig. How light are you trying to go on glass??

I'd take a hard look at the Swaro Z3 4-12 with Ballistic Turret-- its a 1" scope, super light, amazing glass and very unique and versatile dial system. Nothing else with a dial comes close.

Second to that I would look at the Vortex Razor HD LH 3-15x. A little more magnification but you don't have an exposed dial.

Good luck!

OP
time killer

time killer

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks.
Doesn't have to be crazy light. I run a heavy Night force on my other rifles. Just didn't want to stick that big ol thing on this one.
Maybe add 2 lbs with rings included.

I will check out both!
Thanks.

KINGSNAKE

WKR
I like Leupole vx3 with the custom dial system for a light scope. I prefer smaller sleeker scopes on hunting/backpacking rifles.

Last edited:
OP
time killer

time killer

Lil-Rokslider
I like Leupole vx3 with the custom dial system for a light scope. I prefer smaller sleeker scopes on hinting/backpacking rifles.

I had thought of this too. They do seem to be lightweight and I've never had any complaints about my old Leupys. Another solid option.

I really really really like my bushnell lrhs 3-12 as a hunting scope. Although to be fair it's only shot prairie dogs as of now

907to406

Lil-Rokslider
I really really really like my bushnell lrhs 3-12 as a hunting scope. Although to be fair it's only shot prairie dogs as of now

I second this. I'm running one on my Tikka 6.5 CTR in a 4.5-18 and absolutely love it. The 3-12 version will be going on my next lightweight backcountry rig.