New stone glacier pack?

I received my Terminus this evening, along with the custom sized waist belt that fits perfectly. Thanks Kurt!

I've only stuffed it with sleeping bags to get an idea of the volume I will have to work with.
Here are some photos of the Terminus next to the Sky 5900. The diameter of the Terminus is considerably larger than the 5900, while being slightly taller.

Going in on a 10 day solo hunt, my 5900 is pretty much maxed out on capacity. That is with a very minimal gear list as well, ie. DCF floorless shelter, quilt, Kowa 553 etc. Coming out, I can just fit a full sheep, cape and horns, utilizing the load shelf and the full capacity of the bag.

The reason I picked up the Terminus is for the simplicity of the design and the waterproof fabric. I know the seams are not sealed, but this fabric wont wet out like the Sky series does on really wet hunts. I also appreciate the added internal capacity, despite losing the external load shelf. I prefer to have most of my gear inside the pack and not have alot of things strapped to the outside. It looks like I should be able to fit everything I need inside the pack, even while on a packraft hunt, if need be on the way in.

If I were to have an animal in the pack, and have to carry the packraft gear, the raft would obviously need to be strapped outside. However that would be pushing what I could physically carry anyhow.

I weigh around 136 lbs during sheep season, so carrying 100% of my bodyweight for any length of time is just not smart. I would be double carrying until I got to the river.

Bear in mind that these are just my initial thoughts and are subject to change.

I'll update further once I get some weight in it and do some training hikes.

IMG_7300.JPGIMG_7301.JPG

Last edited:

Kitten

FNG
Looks awesome! Does the terminus have that waterproof material on the back side and bottom, like the 5900?

Looks awesome! Does the terminus have that waterproof material on the back side and bottom, like the 5900?

The bottom is the new UHMWPE fabric, same as the rest of the pack. The back is X-Pac. Both materials are waterproof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kitten

FNG
I wonder if they are going to start using that new waterproof material this pack is made from in the rest of their lineup.

mt100gr.

WKR
I received my Terminus this evening, along with the custom sized waist belt that fits perfectly. Thanks Kurt!

I've only stuffed it with sleeping bags to get an idea of the volume I will have to work with.
Here are some photos of the Terminus next to the Sky 5900. The diameter of the Terminus is considerably larger than the 5900, while being slightly taller.

Going in on a 10 day solo hunt, my 5900 is pretty much maxed out on capacity. That is with a very minimal gear list as well, ie. DCF floorless shelter, quilt, Kowa 553 etc. Coming out, I can just fit a full sheep, cape and horns, utilizing the load shelf and the full capacity of the bag.

The reason I picked up the Terminus is for the simplicity of the design and the waterproof fabric. I know the seams are not sealed, but this fabric wont wet out like the Sky series does on really wet hunts. I also appreciate the added internal capacity, despite losing the external load shelf. I prefer to have most of my gear inside the pack and not have alot of things strapped to the outside. It looks like I should be able to fit everything I need inside the pack, even while on a packraft hunt, if need be on the way in.

If I were to have an animal in the pack, and have to carry the packraft gear, the raft would obviously need to be strapped outside. However that would be pushing what I could physically carry anyhow.

I weigh around 136 lbs during sheep season, so carrying 100% of my bodyweight for any length of time is just not smart. I would be double carrying until I got to the river.

Bear in mind that these are just my initial thoughts and are subject to change.

I'll update further once I get some weight in it and do some training hikes.

View attachment 366459View attachment 366460
Did you call in your order to customize the waistbelt sizing? That was my biggest issue with my Evo and Xcurve frames - by the numbers, I am a medium, but somewhere closer to large would definitely be more comfortable. I sent my Evo in for repairs and asked that it be sent back with a large belt to try....no dice....I haven't had an SG pack for a couple years but the Terminus is interesting.

Kitten

FNG
Didn't know you could get a custom belt, damn. I am between a 36-38 and just ordered the 5900 with a medium. We will see how that fits.

Give me an example where a massive company like Vista purchases a small company like SG and doesnt take shortcuts to increase profits? It won’t be long before they are being made in china. Thats how the game is played. You ever watch sharktank? That is one of the quickest ways to increase margins is move manufacturing to china.
Which one if their brands do you detest?
Camp chef, Speer, Federal, CCI, hevishot, Goldtip, RCBS?

They just bought Remington ammo and the first thing they did was DOUBLE the employees at the Lonoke Facility as in they took it from 450 to 900 employees

Your speculation is unfounded

Kotaman

WKR
Checked this pack out in Reno at WSF. Very impressive. So much so, I came home and ordered one. I’ve currently got a 5900 and a 7900 on XFrames and love them. Will use this one as a test run on Kodiak this spring and if it works out, use it on a couple sheep hunts. This thing is uber light compared to my XFrame 7900.

Checked this pack out in Reno at WSF. Very impressive. So much so, I came home and ordered one. I’ve currently got a 5900 and a 7900 on XFrames and love them. Will use this one as a test run on Kodiak this spring and if it works out, use it on a couple sheep hunts. This thing is uber light compared to my XFrame 7900.
I also am interested, but since I like the xcurve frame and the xcurve frame fits me so well I didn't think the new pack would fit since it has straight stays like the evo. You stated you also use the xcurve, did you find the straight stays to not be an issue?

Kotaman

WKR
I also am interested, but since I like the xcurve frame and the xcurve frame fits me so well I didn't think the new pack would fit since it has straight stays like the evo. You stated you also use the xcurve, did you find the straight stays to not be an issue?
I won’t know until I try it. All I know is that in the separate frames, the X Curves works way better for me than the Krux/EVO. Time will tell…

I wonder if they are going to start using that new waterproof material this pack is made from in the rest of their lineup.

We do not have any short term plans to make any of our Xcurve or Evo frame bags in Ultra PE for 2022, but nothing is off the table here for 2023, and there is a lot of internal interest here as well for a similar product. Feel free to check back anytime on that and give input.

schmalzy

WKR

I like/have an xcurve and the new terminus and dont have an issue yet with the straight stays. Only have 5-10 miles with 50 pounds on it though fwiw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kotaman

WKR
Raced home to my delivery notification today. Unboxed the pack, adjusted a few straps, put some weight in it and threw it on. Waist belt wasn’t even close. Checked the size…wrong size sent. Double checked my order, right size order. Will be giving them a call in the AM. I’m sure they’ll mail me the right sized belt immediately, but what a downer…