New stove/cook set suggestions

BKhunter

WKR
Hey All,

I have a pocket rocket as my stove which I am happy with but I am not happy with my cook set which is a snow peak with two pots and lids. I find the cook set clunky and noisy (I know I can carry just one pot and lid to reduce this). Was looking for suggestions if I should swap out just the cook set or if I should look for an all new set up. Thanks for any suggestions feedback. This set up is intended for backpack hunting.

Mosby

WKR
I like the MSR Titan Kettle coupled with a Kovea Spider stove that fits inside. The MSR lid is tight, which I prefer over other brands. The Sea to Summit X mug fits in the bottom of it perfectly, which gives me a coffee mug. The Kovea is stable and I can turn the canister upside down, which makes it good to down to 0 degrees and adds about 12-15 degrees to a regular canister stove. I like putting together different stove kits but I haven't found a better combination than this for me.

OP
B

BKhunter

WKR
I like the MSR Titan Kettle coupled with a Kovea Spider stove that fits inside. The MSR lid is tight, which I prefer over other brands. The Sea to Summit X mug fits in the bottom of it perfectly, which gives me a coffee mug. The Kovea is stable and I can turn the canister upside down, which makes it good to down to 0 degrees and adds about 12-15 degrees to a regular canister stove. I like putting together different stove kits but I haven't found a better combination than this for me.
Thanks going to give that a go. Can you fit your stove in there as well as fuel can?

Mosby

WKR
Thanks going to give that a go. Can you fit your stove in there as well as fuel can?
I keep my stove and a small fold up spork in the MSR with a small lighter. I keep my canister separate. I got my stove on Drop. It is significantly cheaper there when they have it, than other places fwiw. My son has the exact same set up.

PapaJB

FNG
There are plenty of options for standalone cook sets so you don't need a whole new system when you already have a Pocket Rocket. The only reason to get a different system is to get one where the stove is integrated with a heat exchanger that connects directly to an insulated pot, they are more fuel efficient but also limit you to only using that pot for all of your cooking.

You said it is for backpacking but there are a few other factors:
1. Cooking for yourself only or more than one?
2. Do you "cook" or just heat water to add to premade meals?
3. Do you really need more than one pot?
4. What is your budget (titanium vs aluminum or stainless)?

FWIW, I also use an MSR Titan (like Mosby) and it is a good size for 1 person, the lid fits pretty well, and it has folding handles.

Trangia's cookware is underrated, perhaps because they focus on their stoves. Their cookware is well made, light, and inexpensive.