New strings and sighting in

So I have a really dumb question, I understand if you get a new string you have to sight your bow back in, but my question is if you have a bow sight that has a sight tape on it, how much sighting in do you need to do? In reality if you get your 20 or 30 pin where you want it by adjusting the whole sight up or down the rest of the yardages should fall into place correct? As in I can use my existing sight tape correct? The reason for such a stupid question is my serving is torn on my vertix where it makes a sharp 90 on the cam. I don’t want to get a new string this close to season but I was told I probably have to. I just want to know if I’m thinking correctly with about sight tapes or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
New string might change timing and draw length, nock height an peep height also, sny of which will change your marks. Unless you have string contact somewhere, you probably don’t need new ones. They don’t just break, and they’ll last for years. As far as marks, you would need to verify two distances, 20 and 60+

Riplip

WKR
I just got new strings two weeks ago, and all 5 pins on the sight are still still dead on. Quality and type of string has a lot to do with how much of a break in period there is, if any. As long as you buy a good quality string made for the dimensions/type of bow and the draw length remains the same you shouldn't have any issues.

Lot of factors at play. I swapped strings this summer and had to change my tape due to a slight speed increase. Your string could also be the same speed, just depends

A few things could potentially change when replacing a string that could affect your zero and/or pin gaps.

Even though they're built to the same specified length, your old and new strings may have different effective lengths when installed due to differences in pre-stretch (shouldn't be an issue with quality strings) and/or number of twists. A shorter effective string length would reduce draw weight and draw length and therefore reduce speed, which would widen your pin gaps. A longer effective string length would have the opposite effect. If you have the tools to do so, measure draw weight and draw length with your current string and try to replicate those values by twisting/untwisting your new string after it's installed.

The locations of your peep sight and D-loop might get altered during the string swap, which could affect the zero point of your sight. With your current string, measure the vertical position of the D-loop relative to the rest (usually within 1/8" of level) and the distance from D-loop to peep sight and try to replicate those measurements on your new string.