New strings...bow is LOUD. Help!

OP
O

OutdoorAg

WKR
image.jpg
Did my best here, but string sits slightly off center of the stop. I’d say just a minor amount L of center.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I notice that your limbs aren't fully seated. Were they that way when you dry fired it? It might be possible that you've stripped out your riser with the limb bolt. Just something to check. I had that happen when a yoke loop broke at full draw on my bow. Destroyed the limbs and cams. Had to drill it, tap it, and install a helicoil in both top and bottom. Now the bow is good as new.

OP
O

OutdoorAg

WKR
I notice that your limbs aren't fully seated. Were they that way when you dry fired it? It might be possible that you've stripped out your riser with the limb bolt. Just something to check. I had that happen when a yoke loop broke at full draw on my bow. Destroyed the limbs and cams. Had to drill it, tap it, and install a helicoil in both top and bottom. Now the bow is good as new.
I’m not shooting at full 70lb. I’m about 1.5 turns from limb bolts being fully bottomed out. Bow pulling about 63/64 lb

Could that be causing what you’re seeing?

I think everything is fine. The Mathews I have been around that didn't have speed nocks were noticeably louder, add in the fact you are gun shy since your mishap.

I think everything is fine, just shoot the bow. But that's also advice from some dude on the internet, it's worth exactly what you paid for it. If you can put a straight edge on the cams and tell they are still straight, the axles aren't tweaked, and cotton balls aren't showing any limb splits, you should be good.

fatlander

WKR
Make sure the Allen screws in the cam axles are tight. I chased my tail for months with a Mathews trying to figure out where a rattle was coming from. It was the axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AkRyan

WKR
I had new strings put on my vxr and it was loud until I pit monkey tails back on it!