New strings this close to season

406unltd

WKR
Well my bow had to go see the drs a few days ago. My current setup had been Broadhead tuned before and when shooting the weekend before last I absolutely could not get my broadheads to tune. As silly as it sounds I had never had that problem in my life. I was getting quite a bit of fletching contact as well but right by my peep atleast a quarter of the strings are severed from the rest of them. No longer safe to shoot they ordered a new set. Mind you just last year in May I got a new set. Anyhow I just wanted to bitch on here about how I have to make a new sight tape and Broadhead tune the same bow for the third time this year. Earlier during the dumb quarantine my realm x was just chewing through cable serving and the bearings in the roller guard. Nothing more fun than taking it down to the wire 😂. Sept 5 is close but I need a little time yet to pull my crap together. Anyhow I go to pick it up tomorrow and I was curious what some of you guys think may have been going on to cause some of the issues mentioned.

HuntWyld

WKR
As for the string below the peep whoever tied in your peep may have held the lighter a little too close while burning the serving ends. This can cause string strands to weaken and fray... don’t ask me how I know...

Beendare

WKR
Its no big deal....a good string shoots in pretty quick.

I decided to change the string and cables on my Spyder turbo as Its my backup to my recurve...[and I might need it]

I had bought a set when I bought the bow that are still brand new....and dang it...they are the wrong length. Can't exactly take them back 7 years later....so I broke down and just made a set, stretched them....in and out of the press a few times to get everything the right length and the peep right.......and its shooting bullet holes.

_____

I put new strings and cables on just over a week ago. I leave on the 30 th. I pulled my previous set under 100# tension and measured everything, had a set made to match what I had. Keeping what was on it as a backup. It took a dozen shots for everything to be settled in. Nothing has moved since them. I figured that was just the serving settling into the cams.

Unless making big changes like string material, or some lengths being off you shouldn't need to change a sight tape. If the specs of the bow are same before and after the swap should be fine. Again unless the string is heavier or lighter.

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
Thanks for the insight boys. 24 DAYS left here in MT till opening!! Excited to get out and I wish all you guys luck this year and can’t wait to see everyone’s success and hear the stories.

wayoh22

WKR
Was shooting yesterday and noticed the serving starting to slip down and unwind. Literally had these put on 3.5 weeks ago and already they're toast. Won't be using Vapor Trail again. 2nd set of strings in the past year.

Ah but they do. My new strings shoot a little faster. Had to set it at 97 to hit at 100.
My sight tape changed as well. My old string was REALLY old and the factory string.
Swapping sight tape is easier than all the other yoke tuning I did

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
So many variables it’s impossible to get it right back where it was in my opinion. My technical know how is limited but ever expanding. With that said my personal experiences with different bows, setups ect sight tapes are always different. Sometimes more than others.