New strings

406unltd

WKR
I had new ABB strings put on my bow. I am curious how many shots you guys put through new strings before Broadhead tuning? I’ve never been faced with this issue before because I’ve never had we strings this close to season.

ncavi8tor

WKR
The ABBs are good strings made from BCY 452X. They should be rock solid within 25 shots or sooner. Enjoy!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
I do about 150, probably overkill but I want to be sure. I just grab a stack of old arrows and start slinging them into a bale a couple feet away. I'll shoot 100 before I check timing and tie in a peep. Then usually another 40 tuning. I'll get a good hole at 6 feet. Then a good hole at 21 feet. Then finish with broadhead bare shafted through paper at 21 feet. A nice tactic is to buy a dozen arrows with the string and nock tune all the bare shafts. That will get your shot count up for sure. However I would still do this only after shooting the initial 100 shots.

Ucsdryder

WKR
You’ll know pretty quick. Put the peep in, tie it through the grooves. If it starts spinning keep shooting until it stops, then shoot some more. I put a set of jbk on a couple years ago and it didn’t move at all. Zero stretch or rotation.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The first thing I do is set the new strings to the specs and markings that I had before they needed replacing. Then I'll shoot 40-50 shots before I even put my peep in. I can BS tune as well while I'm doing this shooting at 20 yards. After 20-30 shots I'll check the marks and specs again and twist or untwist as needed to get to those specs and then keep shooting. After about 50 shots I'll put the peep in and then start BH tuning at 60.

I busted a strand on my bow a couple of months ago. I foolishly tried to ignore it until last week when it became an obvious problem. Fray was in my peep sight, lost draw weight, etc. So here I am two weeks out from my hunt scrambling. I was able to get a Vapor Trail string in two days. I shot it 150 times yesterday before I started to tune and tie in my peep. I would say half as many shots would've been fine. I was shooting in groups of 30 and I don't think I had any peep movement in the last three groups.